Seven News Content and Appearance

How do you know?

A television advertisement was shown this evening, that’s how I know!

2 Likes

Seven’s interest rate update was delayed several minutes by racing

5 Likes

Melbourne received the Sydney local news at 4pm with local news back after an ad break.

“Live from Melbourne, we return after a brief technical issue.”

6 Likes

Any reason why Melbourne stopped the news ticker?

Seven Melbourne’s broadcast will start at 10.30am AEDT and streamed live nationally on 7plus.

1 Like

Presumably the technical issue

2 Likes
3 Likes

Nice to see Mitch and Bec on location together. I didn’t see 9’s coverage. How didn’t compare?

5 Likes

5pm news out of Sydney today with Angela Cox.

5 Likes

Brisbane’s 6pm News looks to be coming from the Gold Coast studio tonight…

2 Likes
4 Likes

Brisbane promo

6 Likes

New set coming for Brisbane maybe?

2 Likes

Well as has been commented on here, it is well overdue. Apart from the desk which came in some eight-nine years ago (can’t exactly remember when), the overall set has been in place since January 2012 - it’s nearly coming up to twelve years now.

And as suggested, they could inherit the old Martin Place desk that was used between December 2020-June 2023. I also daresay their (potentially) new set could have similar elements to what Eveleigh has now.

8 Likes

That explains why no wide shot after the opener and during the throw to sport. Weather made easy presenting on location. No OTS graphics tonight either. Misleading announcing “Live from Brisbane”. Saying that, the average viewer wouldn’t have noticed anything different tonight.

4 Likes

Finally happening… We hope!

7 Likes

The last time Brisbane overhauled its set, they had Sharyn (then presenting on weekends) present from the Gallery of Modern Art in the city, with Pat Welsh presenting sport from Melbourne Park (where the Australian Open was approaching its business end). This was back in January 2012; the new set was unveiled the following night (29/1).

3 Likes

Seven News at 5 coming from Sydney again

3 Likes