Seven News Content and Appearance

Much better with the logo.

I have to say, for all the hate for the set (and agree, its a shit setup) when I was home in Perth the last week, and watching the bulletin, it doesn’t present as bad as it looks in screencaps and on PC videos.

8 Likes

Seven had an update regarding interest rates about 20 minutes after the RBA annoucement.

2 Likes

That looks a lot better!

1 Like

Looks better than the purple

The recently engraved 2022 AFL premiership cup made its way to the Melbourne studio today, as the trophy tour finishes in Geelong tomorrow.

EDIT: Bec also posted a photo on her Instagram.

4 Likes

The 5:00pm bulletin is coming out of Brisbane today, with Katrina Blowers presenting.

3 Likes

7 News misspelled the word “siege”

4 Likes

Siege, protesters and borders are some of the most common misspelt words in the news

3 Likes

Just saw this on Twitter from tonight’s 6 pm news. Never seen this angle before and never if ever seen standing presentation from Sue

18 Likes

Oh god. They’re trying to east coast Susannah.

10 Likes

:joy:

Imagine adding fake video wall lines on a virtual set.

14 Likes

Speaking of OJN. What has happened to her state funeral that was meant to happen??

4 Likes

Thats because they just drew it up over the weekend

2 Likes

Would look a lot better and more realistic if there wasn’t so much space between Sue and the new screen. Way too much depth. Pointless having a screen that “far away” when the end result is a box smaller than an OTS

I also didn’t know the green screen wrapped around the left of the studio, unless they’re doing some fancy magic and only keying half that shot? I’ve only ever seen it cover the centre and right side of the studio

5 Likes

Poor Suze… been a while since she’s seen what a real set is. They’ve homebranded her big time!

5 Likes

There was one instance of this in 2010:

2 Likes

It’s not great. Good on them for trying to be creative. It’s why green screens exist for.

3 Likes

The twisted metal set is nicer than the green screen they currently have now

7 Likes

was the most iconic look of Seven News’ dominance in the second half of the noughties. Sydney was the first market to receive that look, in February 2005. Melbourne followed in June that year, followed by Brisbane in February 2006 and Adelaide in July that year. If I remember correctly, then-Seven Perth news boss Shaun Menegola said he wasn’t a fan of that set.

3 Likes

Why not just make a digital version of the Melbourne set that they can key in? The desk would kind of work already.

1 Like