Seven News Content and Appearance

Seven managed a very quick 100 second break this afternoon for the interest rates decision.

5 Likes

After covering the AFL rights announcement in full 7 Melbourne went to afternoon news at 3:50pm

6 Likes

I don’t get what’s not to get here?

Anything that is AFL has been “7 Inside AFL” for years. Its meaning is that because 7 are the rights holder they have exclusive access to the grounds and they tout because of this, (having the rights) they have the “inside scoop” on any news items that surround the afl. Therefore “INSIDE AFL”

So it’s a play on words that it’s news from “inside the AFL”.
I agree it’s a ugly but that’s the rationale behind it.

Sniping at Nick when it’s been explained, what I thought quite clearly is unnecessary and rude.

3 Likes

In Sydney, it went until approx 3.35pm.

2 Likes

Gold Coast promo

2 Likes

Promo

10 Likes

C/o Paul Dowsley

10 Likes

I’m assuming they will insert Rebecca in?? :joy:

Good promo.

What is this from? Why isn’t Bec there?

Given production staff are featured it wouldn’t be a promotional shot intended for public circulation. More likely a Melbourne “class photo” of newsroom personnel or a shot intended as a gift for someone who is leaving.

3 Likes

Is that a new desk… or is that just The Lates desk?

Looks different.

Desk where?

1 Like
2 Likes

This might be a ‘thanks for making us number 1’ promo, considering they’ve got everyone in the shot.

Don’t see the point in having people who don’t have an on screen presence in the shot. Just looks like a crowd of randoms at the back. They’d be better off just having the people they want viewers to connect with featured. Can’t say I’ve seen a news promo go to air featuring production staff before. Odd.

2 Likes

Think you might be on the money…. As I said before, no Rebecca. Are we thinking they might insert her in?

I’m sure the old who’s who promos had a heap of people in the back. I’m not sure they were all journos.

I think if the purpose of your promo is to convey a strong/large team of people that produce a bulletin, then this does the job. And as recently as the last couple of years, the Melbourne team was known to be a tad chaotic.

11 Likes

Someone always has to take the family photo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Rebecca’s child has been sick, according to her instagram. So I imagine she did not miss the photo by choice.