Seven News Content and Appearance

If there was no BBL on this evening, or it started later, then yes Seven probably would have bumped the test match to 7Mate at 6pm for the news.

The BBL was scheduled to start at 6:05 EDT, and regardless of what was going on in Melbourne, that is when it would start, you can’t push back the start time just because the test is taking the extra half hour to make up overs.

Yes, 7Two could have been used as overflow, but I suspect the demo of the channel wouldn’t match either the BBL or the test match, plus the fact they would not want to disrupt the schedule for a half or full hour.

As I mentioned last time when this came up, Seven has decided that delaying the news for half an hour is better business than bumping to a multichannel. If people want the news, they can wait around for 30 minutes watching the end of the day’s play, or there are plenty of other options available to them.

4 Likes

Yeah 27 posts for me just now :joy:
Definitely thought a relaunch or new set had been announced.

6 Likes

Sport presented standing in Brisbane tonight by Ben Davis who later disappeared.

And then he was gone.

5 Likes

I was going to say the other night that they had implemented social distancing practices again, which I found interesting. What’s the threshold? A reporter tonight was in studio but was also at the plasma (which I preferred anyway).

The instant JB said “the news is next for NSW, VIC, SA viewers, right after the cricket” I instantly thought of our friend! :joy:

1 Like

Also clearly a lie, there’s no sun in NZ

3 Likes

14 Likes

how’s that UK winter going?

5 Likes

Either of them happening on Boxing Day of all days would have been a late Christmas miracle.

1 Like

The old “Breaking News” sign made an appearance on Seven News Melbourne tonight (displayed in the last image).

2 Likes

11 Likes

Disagree. There’s exceptions to every rule. Boxing Day cricket is a good reason to delay the news

Let’s see the ratings in the morning.

Agree. It’s not like its permanent.

1 Like

:sunny:

5 Likes

I see 47 unread comments, I read, I leave the thread with brain damage. Cool.

28 Likes

News hasn’t started yet. Hopefully it doesn’t end up like last night…

1 Like

Similar to yesterday, Seven News will be shown at 6.30pm AEDT in Sydney and Melbourne, with test cricket on main channel and the start of the BBL clash between Hurricanes and Strikers on 7mate.

2 Likes

Bahaha love the new thread title :joy: :ok_hand:

9 Likes

On seven plus would they upload seven news at 6 for example last night it was delayed but they posted 42 mins of news and 18 min of adds but they started at 6:30 when usually it is a hour long including adds.

1 Like

Is seven news Melbourne pre recorded what seven news bulletins are?

1 Like