Seven News Content and Appearance

I’m pretty sure TVW could have “Seven News at 6pm: It’s a bulletin” (Ala the SBS VICELAND “It’s a TV Channel” Promos/Station IDs) as their promo and still smash Nine in the ratings! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’m sure Seven News Perth could air a Nine News bulletin and its promos and still beat Nine in the ratings.

3 Likes

Nice addition of The Mission’s three-note melody

4 Likes

As much as it hurts to acknowledge, yes this is true.

This tweet for Seven News is technically incorrect. Many others news organisations also have the same story.

" It makes China the second space-faring nation after the United States to land on the Red Planet."

However, they have they left out a critical word “successfully”. Becasue the Soviet Union has also landed a probe on Mars but contact was lost seconds after the landing - but it did land.

10 has the correct story. Interesting to know where the stories were sourced.

“The mission makes China the third space-faring nation, after the United States and the Soviet Union, to land on the Red Planet.”

2 Likes

Special report on Seven News Sydney tomorrow night where Chris Reason investigates whether Astra Zeneca, Pfizer or Moderna is the best vaccine for you.

5 Likes

Don’t know how long it’s been in-use for (I doubt it’s any secret that my screens aren’t on Channel Seven very often these days), but that Promo Endtag with Mark Ferguson’s tie-less shirt/hands in pockets look is a shocker.

No doubt the powers that be think that it makes Fergo appear more relatable to Seven News’ target demographic, but I think it just makes him look like…well, a particular word which begins with W and rhymes with banker! :confused:

1 Like

That report would only be relevant if one hadn’t been paying attention to the vaccine news this whole time…

Also, this is something I keep on wondering about - what is Seven Sydney’s obsession with such small headlines?

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with how he’s dressed there, or the networks attempt for him to appear a bit more approachable - fairly sure they’ve done the same in other markets like Mel & Bris.

11 Likes

never realised that wearing a button up shirt and blazer / jacket is enough to be considered a wanker. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

Hopefully I won’t be considered a w**ker because I dress like that sometimes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Half of my office dress that way? It’s in no way wankerish haha

Incase it’s not already obvious I don’t have anything particularly personal against Mark Ferguson or Seven News Sydney.

I am however, more than happy to criticise the current Seven News Sydney “Know The News” promotional material for the imagery of Fergo that’s so pretentious looking it’d be perfect for Calvin Klein if in black & white. And yes, my criticisms would likely be exactly the same if we ever saw anything similar from Nine and Peter Overton!

1 Like

I’m sorry but you clearly don’t know the office attire of today.
I don’t think anything less then what he is wearing would be appropriate.

I think you’re looking into something that isn’t an issue there. From that image I get a relaxed yet professional vibe. Not “I’m a Calvin Klein model”

4 Likes

These are clearly the same thing, guys -

11 Likes

LOL OK you got me there.

Still I wonder what Antonio would think if Fergo’s head was on the body of the Calvin Klein model pictured there…haha! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Poor Mark. More than 30 years after Stuart Littlemore likened him to a David Jones suit model on Media Watch his good looks and attire are still attracting attention.

2 Likes
1 Like

I know you’re obviously very Sydney focused, but maybe it wouldn’t look like you’ve got something against Mark if you had also said Peter Mitchell and Max Futcher look like wankers too for dressing just as casually (Max even moreso) in their respective shoots. Just to keep things fair, no?

5 Likes

Of those three, the South East Queensland promotional shot looks the least worst.

I’d be hesitant to call any of them good though, what’s wrong with a simple shot of the presenters in their usual newsreading attire sitting at/standing near the desk?! That seems to work well as promotional imagery for news services on the other networks…