Seven News Content and Appearance

I had been wondering the same thing too. He was a integral part to the Seven News Brisbane team for many years, so I imagine they will, also considering the digital billboard as posted by @spw68.

1 Like

Seven News Perth Afternoon

4 Likes

Tonight’s package about Frank Warrick’s death.

14 Likes

And if anyone’s wondering Nine ran their version at the end of Sport on their 6pm bulletin.

While he was more known on Seven, he did two stints at Nine. In around 1983-1985 and after he retired from Seven in 2001.

The first one was reading the news with the legendary Don Seccombe and the second filling in and presenting the Weather. A limo would pick him up and drop him off from his Gold Coast home to the Brisbane studios a few days a week.

1 Like

Nice package, but baffles me why they got Kay in and didn’t get her to do the report.

8 Likes

I haven’t seen a specific headline on the billboard before. Will be interesting to see if this continues.

It doesn’t look that effective IMO, you almost miss the text. Would be better to do a full screen billboard with text and a call to action.

The Max & Sharyn billboard can be used on rotation mixed in with other news as necessary.

1 Like

At nighttime it is soooooooo bright and white!

Answering my own question - the bulletin lead with the budget, and after a few more stories not related to the budget, Frank Warrick’s passing aired at 6:12pm.

The story on the arrest tapes and police interviews following on from last night didn’t air until just before 6:30pm.

3 Likes

I didn’t realise that local news anchors fronted The World Around Us in each city!

4 Likes

Storm approaching on the afternoon news

Later, someone adjusted the image

11 Likes

With the 3rd image they might as well broadcast a black screen in the background instead :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Seven Melbourne is way over the top creating fear around this one case. 5 minutes and ‘reporters all on standby’ giving us what appears to be apocalyptic reporting around these exposure sites.

Nine gave it about 30 seconds.

I’m sorry but it’s just embarrassing. Who on earth runs content here?

16 Likes

Yesterday’s opener was something like ‘COVID’s Back’, and ‘COVID Threat’.

Sheesh it’s just one case, calm down Seven :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

They did this back in December. I recall Blake presenting stories essentially teasing and baiting us for our lack of freedom. It copped a bit of abuse on here. It’s Daily Mail sort of reporting

5 Likes

Menegola is all about the fear factor. It’s over the top and extremely nauseating.

4 Likes

They’ve even been running promos over the past 24 hours about providing comprehensive coverage.

No they didn’t - the first five minutes of Nine’s bulletin was about the situation whereas Seven spent a few more minutes on it

1 Like

Seems to be working for them though. Winning the last three nights in a row.

Adelaide promo

3 Likes

I wonder if Perth will receive a similar promo with Rick and Sue…

Unless Seven Perth see no need to film one given their dominance in the nightly ratings. :man_shrugging:t3: