Seven News Content and Appearance

Before it gets raised, the possibility of moving the test to 7mate at 6pm isn’t available tonight since it’s showing the beginning of the Thunder v Sixers BBL game.

4 Likes

At the end of the 6:53 ad break in Melbourne, the sponsor voice over said “This weather report is brought to you by…” despite the bulletin being delayed by half an hour.

2 Likes

Someone wasnt a fan:

https://twitter.com/acceptwithhope/status/1475000964624969729

4 Likes

I would simply watch another network’s 6pm news product for one night.

8 Likes

It’s not that big of a deal, and if 7 put the ashes on mate then they would have to put the bbl on 7two which would outraged bbl fans.

1 Like

Really not a big deal that the bulletin didn’t start until 6.30pm.

I’m surprised a certain someone hasn’t given their thoughts yet. :wink:

4 Likes

Or not bother - its Boxing Day for peats sake, there are really only 4 stories; covid, boxing day sales, cricket & Sydney to Hobart

18 Likes

Also a very valid option.

2 Likes

News is more important than any sport regardless of the time of year. We have multi channels and if someone wants to continue watching the cricket they should do so on 7Two or 7mate does not matter, but the news should not be cut down or delayed.

1 Like

oh there you are. Did you just cut and paste this from last time?

25 Likes

You have Nine News, 10 News, ABC News, ABC News Channel, Sky News SBS News and Flash.

And not to mention 7 News was at 6:30pm. You behave like it doesn’t air at all.

5 Likes

No also the cricket is day one of a five day match the news should have been shown at 6 for the full hour. BBL on 7two and the test match on 7mate until it concluded. This is exactly why multichannels exist.

Just because they exist doesn’t mean they have to use it for everything and anything.

1 Like

News is more important than sport in particular during a global pandemic. This is exactly what multiple channels are for and a perfect use case to use them effectively when sport goes overtime. News should be on at 6pm as scheduled without being moved for sport when it is completely unnecessary to do so.

You’re not getting what I’m saying. Just because it makes sense to do so doesn’t mean the networks agree and their actions have to reflect their financial state and performance.

Honestly, I don’t want to get into a debate on this. It’s Boxing Day and I’m full of chocolate and sun and beer, but as @bacco007 pointed out, it’s not like you are missing out on much you don’t get every December 26.

Channel Seven as a commercial entity is more than entitled to programme their content how they see fit and you, as a consumer, are entitled to your choice as to watch the cricket, watch the news at its later time, or watch a commercial competitor.

12 Likes

Just because it is boxing day is no excuse.

How old are you? I’m guessing you’re either really young or really old and seem to have no idea how TV or 21st century news actually works. People don’t only get their news from TV anymore, the internet and social media exists, AND every other network still ran news that night.

And why would you bump higher-rating content like sport to a multichannel for only 1/2hr and risk losing viewers who don’t want to switch, to replace it with anything?

3 Likes

Now there’s a recipe for disaster!

9 Likes

My age has no relevance to this discussion. Whether people get their news from other sources is also irrelevant.