Seven News Content and Appearance

I thought these preview supers had been used for a few weeks now?

8 Likes

They very well could have been. I don’t usually watch The Chase :blush:

You’re correct the graphics have been used for a few weeks now.

1 Like

They look good. Just update them already 7 in this case!! Haha.

Example from the other night TV.Cynic shared.

5 Likes

It’s been that way for a couple months now. No specific reason as to why though.

Sydney’s weather started with a different camera shot tonight, before zooming in to the normal shot.

4 Likes

I think we’ve established no refresh is happening anytime soon. Each of the cities does their graphics and opens a little differently. Just because they change something doesn’t mean a national overhaul.

The next major shakeup will probably happen when Seven moves the broadcast from Martin Place to Eveleigh.

1 Like

Gemma Acton has been doing a finance update for the 7 news podcast feed:

Few issues on Adelaide’s 4pm news, Elspeth introduced a story but the package had no sound. Came back from break and played normally.

1 Like

Incredible TV - 7 Melbourne kept with this coverage for a fair bit, through what would be an ad break.

4 Likes

I thought Paul did a great job! I saw the first cross he did at the start was cut short because there was a guy heckling and then he started to follow as Paul walked away. Then a few minutes later they went back to Paul and that lasted 15 minutes. That’s the one that is up on Youtube.

They also went back to Paul a couple of other times for live crosses after that long rolling one and those ones lasted a couple of minutes of each.

2 Likes

I guess this would be a good image if you want to see the desk in red :sweat_smile:

The words “Breaking News” were only seen on one screen tonight. Compared to other times, there was little use of the other screen, and there was no text on the desk either.

Usually:

1 Like

God thats a terrible shot. I know that Nine does the massive Breaking News graphics too, but for some reason it looks disgusting with this setup. Could be the hideous angle as well.

6 Likes

Why does he sit like that?

1 Like

They really need a new desk. Ever since they moved it from its initial position it just looks shit, if they put in a better desk I think it’ll make a huge difference, the current ones shape is ridiculous.

1 Like

Good ol Paul Dowsley. Getting in the way of police yet again.

1 Like

Paul Dowsley was attacked by protesters while doing a live cross for the news.

Melbourne receiving their own Morning News today, hosted by Mike Amor. The main headline was this morning’s Earthquake.

9 Likes

In Sydney, Ann Sanders came on at 11:30am for the National bulletin, did a lengthy intro and then handed over to Mike Amor.

7 Likes