Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Peter Mitchell apologised to viewers during Sunday’s Melbourne bulletin on the blunder.

1 Like

Montage and caps of the 5pm bulletin from Perth a few weeks ago:

6 Likes

Streaming of Mike Willesee funeral

3 Likes

From a few days ago.

1 Like

New intros to Facebook videos in Melbourne for “headlines/stories”

1 Like

Why did they make the texts bigger? Looks hideous.

1 Like

I’d imagine their social people are trying to replicate the headline graphic used in bulletin and they just don’t have the sizing correct.

1 Like

It’s not uncommon to use bigger text on social media. It’s much easier to read on phones and thumbnails.

5 Likes

Makes sense as that was the first thing that grabbed my attention when I saw it.

Still it doesn’t look the best.

1 Like

Current Brexit Date Countdown Graphic used during Sydney’s bulletin tonight:

I wonder if Seven News Sydney will use a “Countdown to the Royal Easter Show” graphic tomorrow night to compliment their inevitable report on the Showbag Launch?

8 Likes

OMG:face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

In Brisbane over the past few nights they have had the left half of the screen with the main reader (eg Max) and then the right hand side spilt in 2 horizontally with the 2 reporters they are going to cross to and a label of their location. One quarter then enlarges to a full screen as they make the cross.
Make sense? Anyone have a copy?

4 Likes

That’s it! Thanks. Is that new?

1 Like

Yes.

As an aside I think these crosses need a dash of red - there should be a red line under the location to match the other graphics.

5 Likes

I reckon the entire graphics package should be in red rather than blue. Even if that means having to use a yellow/black scheme for Breaking News, then so be it.

6 Likes

I highly doubt Seven’s audience cares that much about Brexit that they require a countdown clock in the top left corner. Perhaps this would be more appropriate for Seven’s audience:

14%20PM

9 Likes

LOL I was thinking more like a “Countdown to MKR” but yeah, that one works too! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’d rather that the network does nothing but a text for breaking news and just do away with the red colouring. The audience would already be able to tell if it’s breaking news if they put a text on there saying breaking news, no need for a different colour.

2 Likes

It’d look so nice. What they do for The Latest is just stunning. I get they try to offset the red of the Seven logo with blue, but it’s gone so OTT! Greys and whites would compliment a red package greatly.

4 Likes