Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Caps from 7plus. Wide opening shot panned vertically, then the main presenter shot slowly zoomed in. Adelaide never does tracking shots. They absolutely won’t start now, but we can always imagine…

9 Likes

Its bizare how 7 adelaide have a real set and Perth dont :joy:

2 Likes

How so?

Unrelated sidenote, Adelaide’s had their current set since 2014.

3 Likes

And it still looks better than Perth! AND probably came in the cost of a quarter of the cost of the ones in Sydney and Melbourne. Says a lot…

1 Like

Anything looks better than Perth! However, in terms of sets Adelaides was great when it launched but now it just seems to have aged badly, nothing fancy either.

2 Likes

Interesting thought about Adelaide’s set. Do you think it just needs a few tweaks, or a total redesign?

I think the bones of Adelaide’s current set still has some life left in it. It only really feels old when they wheel out the plasmas (e.g. for TT). Maybe all it needs is a couple of secondary suspended or wall mounted screens on the sides to bring it more into the present.

This set was a massive improvement over their previous set (which I never liked):

8 Likes

That set was, and still is, the most hideous thing seen on Australian TV.

5 Likes

I think the lighting (both studio and light box) and desk at the moment is a major issue for me. I like the concept of over looking the newsroom.

Still would prefer a compete redesign, and new cameras for Adelaide and Brisbane while a new set for Perth this year though.

3 Likes

No voice over in the Sydney opener tonight.

4 Likes

Standing presentation/ story presentation in Melbourne last night.
Mike introd and then Sharnelle finished off. (Most likely pre recorded)

15 Likes

Looks very Nine. They should’ve had Mike in Sharnelle’s position and Sharnelle at the videowall.

1 Like

They have the set, why not use it to its full purpose? It only cost them $800k.

9 Likes

Good use of the set, dare I say it looks better than how 9 would’ve done a standing presentation.

The set angle used for Mike looks more natural than the one used for Sharnelle, fits the flow of the set better IMO.

9 Likes

Also, a bit of the blooper with the background going black for 15 seconds.

4 Likes

WTH Channel 7! They just showed stills from the Penrith sex tape with faces blurred. Why was it necessary to show any of it?

And I am so sick of NRL stories being the lead story on all the commercial bulletins.

9 Likes

I don’t really care about them either, but this is Sydney we’re talking about.

No doubt whatever research the networks (and I’d also say talkback radio & the newspapers - especially 2GB/The Daily Telegraph) have done show that major NRL scandals are a major drawcard in this market.

1 Like

I notice Seven has not uploaded clips from this evening’s state bulletins onto their respective Twitter accounts. Is it due to a technical issue, legal reasons or is it simply Seven wants people to go to 7plus to catch up on the bulletins they have missed?

1 Like

Seven News used photos of the wrong man multiple times in a news story.

3 Likes

Some minor camera bloopers in Melbourne tonight. One was following an ad break where Tim Watson was seen preparing for sport.

Then following sport, the camera panned out on Tim and then stayed on the wide shot for the next story.

6 Likes