Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Early News today:

2 Likes

What a shame. Overall the desk looks heaps better, but there’s too much bloody blue! It’s so dark and it’s supposed to be daylight savings?!
They have put those screens in and they are just pure dark blue - you can’t distinguish anything on them!
They really need to use whites and reds instead it the blue overload. It’s the same vortex of blue they have been in for years.

The desk should be white. The balcony lighting should also be white with a stripe of red.
The new side screens should have anything BUT blue on them. Put a nice graphic set image on the side? Look at the latest.
It really confuses me how there’s no creativity when they acquire new tech like this. Who in their right mind thinks the above looks aesthetically pleasing and lit well?
Dear lord. Get someone with an ounce of creativity in there!
Would of at least blown a couple of thousand on this and they just aren’t using them? #Dinosaurs

9 Likes

Morning News today.

and a Melbourne promo ender for a special report that is to air this evening.

5 Likes

Sport is being presented in front of the Sydney skyline. It’s one of the worst quality images I’ve seen on tv for a long time. Sooo pixelated

2 Likes

Wayyyyyyy too much blue. They should have a newsroom shot backdrop and that would make a big difference to reducing the blue.

1 Like

Can they at least change the dark blue maps to red or white?

2 Likes

Sydney skyline on a national bulletin :roll_eyes: Was Matt even on the desk woth sport on in the newsroom?

3 Likes

A rather nice shot of the Perth Skyline for Seven News Perth’s latest promo, could easily be used for the main Bulletin:

Getting some 2004 vibes from it:

3 Likes

Not at the desk. Up in the newsroom for some reason.

2 Likes

It would be interesting to use the new LHS/RHS globe screens for live cross handovers. Could work especially well on The Latest.

2 Likes

Globes replaced with images of Sydney tonight.

11 Likes

Interesting use of the side plasmas in Sydney tonight. Much better than last night’s over saturation of blue.

I wouldn’t mind also seeing something dynamic on the sides. A timelapse of the M4, live shot of Central Station etc, something that everyday viewers can relate to.

10 Likes

It’d be even better if Seven further toned down the blue though, because they’re still at levels which would only be really appropriate on State of Origin night(s)! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yep, I also like the idea of using imagery from across the viewing area. Sydney is a lot more than just the Harbour!

6 Likes

Seven Sydney has a range of sky cams now, so it could be a good idea to use some live shots of those.

2 Likes

Remarkable improvement from last night.

2 Likes

Definitely an improvement. Should swap that light blue for red though

1 Like

Should just have a shot that travels across all the screens in a panoramic fashion
, would need to be set up I imagine with a new camera first though

2 Likes

A massive improvement. Agree still about all the blue but at least they realised they couldn’t go 2 nights with the underwater theme.

Much better but they should get rid of the stripes on the screens.

4pm news:

More 6pm:

8 Likes