Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

10x better than before but I’m not sure about the blue overload.
I think the side screens would look better if they were a continuation of the Sydney backdrop.

7 Likes

If you ask me, Seven News Sydney also desperately needs content changes, presenter changes, a new news director…

It’s almost as “overkill blue” as Prime7’s previous “overkill red” set was! :confused:

1 Like

More world focus, Michael Usher, Sean Power would be my answer to this.

2 Likes

Why don’t they extend the Sydney skyline across the three plasmas?

New desk- what was wrong with the last?

4 Likes

Much better! That’s a lot of blue though! I think The Latest will look better. I kind of liked how The Latest has its own desk, added a presentational difference.

I also didn’t mind the old desk.

This set change is timely and will work better for Sunrise and also for the Elections coming up.

4 Likes

It was awful. Not to mention an extremely awkward camera angle and seating position for sport and interviews. It looked terrible.

1 Like

I haven’t watched Seven News (Sydney) for a while, but I am noticing more HD content tonight (still a lot of SD footage though).

Have a Squizz at some seven journos profiles aka regular at news in Melbourne. Looks like they are upskilling staff - if you can call it that before the relaunch of 7NEWS. Seems like they might need put effort into their to work what they are paid for now.

Relaunch of Seven News?

1 Like

That new set-up is ghastly. Ferguson looks like he’s at an aquarium 100 feet underground.

14 Likes

Coming back from break:

4 Likes

I read the upfronts. I thought it was a relaunch of the website. Didn’t realise they were relaunching the product.

6 Likes

Look at the red line- all over subtle hint.

3 Likes

Throw to weather:

4 Likes

The Website. Is the banner new?

2 Likes

Come on that’s one of the first things they should’ve changed. The weather presentation!

9 Likes

If you ask me, a more worthwhile investment for Seven News Sydney than the tweaks made from tonight would’ve been spending some cash on finally giving David Brown (and Angie Asimus) a larger screen to present the forecasts from.

Especially in a market like Sydney where we should be expecting the very best of the best in On-Air Presentation from our TV news services, chroma key weather presentation looks sooooo dated in 2019! :confused:

1 Like

More weather:

2 Likes

No one is asking. It’s what will happen. Their ratings are failing in eastern states. Time for a change.

4 Likes

No, it’s been like that for a while now.

I welcome the addition of the screens, don’t like the map though. I have a feeling that the map is just temporary and that soon the graphics team will change it or work on something tomorrow. Whether it changes when a graphics relaunch occurs (which i think will be this year) or just in general I don’t exactly know.

In terms of the desk, they should have just kept the old one because they made it look ugly with the blue and the screen. They could have added more plasmas to fit around the whole desk if they persisted.

6 Likes