Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Here’s some caps of the supers after the minor change with the addition of red line:

2 Likes

Who knew this forum would go bonkers over a red line…

10 Likes

Reminds me a bit of this:

Which was seen during Shaun Menegola’s tenure for the Perth Bulletin.

5 Likes

Not really considering she isn’t currently a full-time member of the presenting lineup like everyone else in that banner is

2 Likes

With a Federal election coming up in May, preparations would be underway by networks for their coverage. If I was 7, I would be putting Sean Power (the brains behind ‘The Latest’) in charge of their election coverage. IIRC Mark Llewelyn was the EP for their coverage in 2010 when they spent more money than ever before on their coverage. It would be great if 7 could replicate the great set, graphics and presentation elements they had in 2010. I would even be tempted to turn Martin Place into something like democracy plaze which NBC use for their elections. I really miss the vibe of the Tally Room, an OB in ‘Democracy Plaza’ could have a similar feel.

6 Likes

I’m at Martin place atm. Looks like the side screens might be going

7 Likes

The side screens of the news set with the ugly greenish/blue world map? Oh my, we can only hope so!

5 Likes

Yep sorry hard to get a photo with 2 layers of class between me and the studio

That’s fine! What makes you say that they are replacing it and not setting it up for the news? What are they replacing it with?

1 Like

They have wooden supports holding up parts of the roof and if the lights are off the map would still be partly visable but it’s just blank but matte.

1 Like

Oh cool. We’ll have to wait and see!

3 Likes

Maybe they’re just adding a red line to the set :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

Best proof I can get that there are new screens

11 Likes

No wideshot for the 5pm news

4 Likes

Where is the 5pm Bulletin usually filmed?

Also, how come The Latest’s desk has been taken out instead of the usual 6pm one? :thinking:

2 Likes

Sydney for most of the time

2 Likes

Maybe now that it’s confirmed that The Latest is sticking around they might use the desk for 7 News too?

4 Likes

They had them Switched out most of the sets were somewhere in the studio eg the latest, 6, sunrise, tms, tde

1 Like

Good! Long overdue. The ghastly green/blue world map panels on the side with the TV’s were the worst part of the set. This should be a big improvement.

2 Likes

It seems they are not done yet, no wideshot on the 6pm news either

Sport: Michael said the usual ‘time for sport with Jim Wilson’ and then cut straight to Jim. The normal discussion at the end with Jim talking and then cut straight to Michael for the break.

7 Likes