Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I wonder what discussions are had for such minuscule tweaks like this? :thinking: Most viewers won’t notice or care, but I imagine they added the red accent to incorporate the Network’s main colour, like in their recent promos. Seems a bit pointless though, but it does improve the Supers a bit.

Well, you got part of that correct, albeit a tweak. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Kinda want to know who was the brains who said “yeah I think we need to add a red line to our our Lower thirds but keep everything the way it is”

4 Likes

Just saw a local Perth News Update with the theme music playing in the background. Usually there’s no music at all. It was also complete with the blue “sliding blinds” transitions. Though they haven’t tweaked the News Update super to include the red line accent.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/7NewsPerth/status/1094896323319484416

I think its been around since Thursday, but I definitely welcome this addition.

2 Likes

#DitchTheGloss

1 Like

Interesting breaking news graphic here. :thinking:

7 Likes

Watch out hes right behind you

13 Likes

Cross to Blake Johnson in the studio for a report tonight in Melbourne

11 Likes

Red lines spotted on this evening’s Adelaide news preview during The Chase:

I’m all for more red with 7’s news presentation, but I’d like to see a lighter (more white) version of The Latest’s red presentation for the main state bulletins (plus afternoon news). The Latest’s colour scheme works great for the late timeslot but probably a bit dark for afternoon/early evening?

6 Likes

Looks really good. They should be doing more of this. This might be a decision made by the new news director.

1 Like

Must say in the first cap, it’s quite a bizarre angle. It almost looks like Blake is virtual and in the screen :joy:

5 Likes

It looks good but I agree the angle is weird with Mitch awkwardly turning to Blake.
Would have been better to have Peter move to the sport side of the desk and have Blake on the left side of the screen. Use the same camera angle but in this case Mitch wouldn’t have his back to the camera.

It’s good to see them using the set though!

5 Likes

I think it’s because the camera is facing down also.

1 Like

Interview on set with Jordan Cuts on Perth’s Afternoon News about a story that he’d been following throughout the day.

4 Likes

I think this only started this week - Peter Mitchell standing at the weather wall for the last couple of updates during The Chase.

And during the afternoon news, reporter Teegan Dolling was sitting at the news desk to preview her exclusive story coming up on the 6pm bulletin.

9 Likes

Good to see this happening! They need to be doing this more moving forward!

2 Likes

Seven News Brisbane’s entrant for the ‘best font on TV’ award; giving Nine Brisbane some tough competition :wink:

3 Likes

Was watching The Latest and there was a cross to Perth with Rob Scott regarding the Claremont Serial Killings:

This Perth skyline shot doesn’t look too bad, I think it looks better than the super zoomed in shot they currently use for the 6.00 Bulletin imo.

9 Likes

Melbourne twitter updated-

5 Likes

Emily Angwin a noticable absentee there!

5 Likes