Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Is that a guess, wish or has someone confirmed on twitter or something?!

2 Likes

do you know something we don’t? :wink:

How long has Seven Melbourne been using the afternoon news background for the 6pm news?

Started on Monday from memory.
I liked the previous St Kilda Road background personally.

Would be nice if it was a reftesh something along the lines of The Latest

Sydney and Melbourne bulletins started at 6.10pm today due to late finish to the BBL match in Adelaide.

1 Like

Along with the recent occasion when Perth went national at 5, today from Brisbane was pretty poorly executed. They probably should just leave national broadcasts to Sydney. Obviously this couldn’t happen tonight and only highlighted that Brisbane is in desperate need of a new set and better quality cameras/ graphics output.

6 Likes

Well, let’s hope 7 gets the budget needed for BTQ’s upgrade.

1 Like

They seemed to update the lower third for the afternoon updates with a red line added under the “Nightly at 6 box” Just aired in Perth

2 Likes

Noticed the same on Sydney’s afternoon news

1 Like

Melbourne too.

1 Like

QLD

4 Likes

Yet another absolutely pointless tweak to the On-Air Presentation of Seven News, the red line can barely even be seen at a distance in SD! :confused:

8 Likes

Makes it look more cleaner. I like it!

4 Likes

Lol was that it?? A line?

4 Likes

Why?
Why waste the time doing this? It adds nothing to the presentation of the bulletin?

7 Likes

Funny thing is prime7 have had a line like that since last week so maybe 7 saw it and thought to the same

Haha. I’d much rather a red line than the awful 2011 graphics relaunch they did…

1 Like

I saw it on the afternoon news and thought my eyes were playing tricks on me!!
I don’t mind it!

2 Likes

Yep, that 2011 package was appalling.

They went from what I thought was a solid evolution of the previous look, to a hideously bland and extremely tabloid package which was a huge step back.

It went from this:

Video Credit: ‘Fabianamuso’

To this:

Video Credit: ‘202bot11’

1 Like