Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Even GWN7 has a real set!

1 Like
9 Likes

What an amazing tribute package… So many different versions of the theme music over the decades, coupled with a walk down memory lane of some of the biggest stories including part of an opener to the September 11 terror attacks.

4 Likes

Agreed. That was fantastic. Great to see different themes used so well in the promo. The final theme they used was amazing and actually quite fitting to show them together TODAY after all the years gone by. The Mission style in the final theme is almost heroic or like a ‘mission completed’ type theme.

Let’s see some promos like that on the east coast.

Seven Sydney had some really good promos happening early 2016, what’s going on now Seven? :frowning:

3 Likes

Melbourne’s daily recap promo that aired during the cricket last night featured new graphics with images of Melbourne in the glassy effect.

I’d love to see them reworked as an opener. The golden flyover above the Yarra doesn’t really fit with any aspect of the 7 News graphics.

11 Likes

Sure, but I hope Seven Melbourne’s got their priorities right by fixing up their awful content and their awful weeknight presenter.

Then we can talk about on-air presentation revamps.

4 Likes

I quite like those graphics, dare I say maybe a graphics refresh is in the works? However, in saying that Melbourne seems to do what they want with no clear direction in terms of graphics (e.g. Them awful update transitions in the 2014-15 period)

As we repetitively say, less blue please. It should be white replacing the blue and it should be a darker blue almost navy but thats just my opinion.

3 Likes

To my eyes, they look like a graphical hybrid of Seven News, The Latest and a local station in the US. Not really a fan TBH.

You forgot to mention keeping/attracting higher quality talent to the newsroom but other than that, I agree.

and this video sums up why Perth needs its closer back… The chemistry/banter between Rick and Sue is never show.

7 Likes

Even Adelaide gives Jane and John a short bit of post-weather banter before they hand over to Rosanna in-studio for TT. Some light, friendly conversation.

1 Like

Incredible. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

They have ALWAYS loved their banter in Adelaide.

2 Likes

I always found Rick and Sue’s chemistry kind of awkward - but who am I to judge?!

What that clip does show is their need for a set.

1 Like

It is well known in Perth that they do not speak to / associate with each other outside of the studio / network events.

1 Like

And that’s fine. Not everybody gets along like a house on fire.

1 Like

Here is another fantastic example of their chemistry during the closer. It seriously needs to come back.

3 Likes

Are you for real? What I said before was meant for that clip.

Yes, I am for real. :stuck_out_tongue: In the past, it was nice to see the banter between the two before the closer, because it felt quite genuine coming from the two, like in the blooper posted above. Sure, it may not be everyone’s cup of tea (banter before some closers can be awkward at times), but with Rick and Sue it’s evident to see the chemistry as it has been for many years. It feels like they are abruptly cut off on some days after the weather, and it’s nice to see a proper hand-over. That’s just my opinion though.

3 Likes

Um you need two people talking with each other for it to be banter.

You get what I mean though, basically what I’m saying it just seems a bit unfortunate that they don’t get a subtle or definitive sign-off. If they didn’t want a closer before Today Tonight, they could easily something along the lines of, “That’s all from us tonight, we’ll be back with updates later in the evening, Sam is next with the Weather, then it’s Monica/Tina with Today Tonight”.