Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Just to clarify, VH-NDY did lose its white 7 for a while (well, most of it :wink:), and was being used for non-media activities (Ref: Flickr Dec 2016):

VH-HSV was painted in blue/white and flies in Adelaide with the flight number MDIA58.

2 Likes

It would be bloody great to see the individual choppers back. They were a real station icon for each market.

3 Likes

Seven news Perth just used a new opening shot of the studio as of yesterday. I thought it looked quite good actually and showed less of the virtual set which was good.

4 Likes

They look swamped at that desk. It’s soooo big!!

16 Likes

They look like ants at that desk. Looks completely ridiculous.

19 Likes

Still looks ridiculously shit.

8 Likes

It’s as if the set designer had just finished buying their school-age kids new uniforms… :joy:

“It’s big now, but you’ll grow into it!” :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I know this has been said multiple times before in slightly different wording over the last nearly four years the current Perth “set” has been in use for, but…

Come on Seven. Give something back to the Perth viewers who are so intensely loyal to you (undeservingly so at times) by treating them to a news set which is actually worthy of a bulletin who’s competition is probably more likely to be Nine News Sydney/Melbourne (for the title of most watched TV news bulletin in Australia) than any rival service in the market locally!

1 Like

You haven’t seen ants at a desk until you see the old opening shot, it was shocking.

2 Likes

Why would they bother wasting the money when they could present in front of a shower curtain and still double Nine’s figures.

1 Like

Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t do it. I mean, Nine News Sydney/Melbourne could be done in the same way and still beat Seven yet they invested into a shiny new set.

Having said that, given Seven are still in cost-cutting mode I doubt anything will happen anytime soon.

3 Likes

Yet they splashed out on a new screens-galore Melbourne set only a year ago?

1 Like

Another new Seven News Perth promo, promoting weather on location.

2 Likes

None of them have been painted in dual network colours.

The company that owns this chopper is Aerotech. Just checked their Facebook and they own a lot of red and white painted aircraft. Possible that 7 have just paid for the logo on the side for the one off. Helicopter not kitted up for filming with no camera inside or underneath. Doubt it is back full-time.

Bas just mentioned there is going to be a Special Presentation after the weather “for a special TV milestone” :tv::tada::confetti_ball::balloon:

Anyone got caps? :stuck_out_tongue::camera::camera_flash:

4 Likes

11 Likes

Ahh, it was great seeing a real studio :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

World record holders and they will be seen around the world with that disaster and embarrassment of a set.
It’s actually really disgusting that Rick and Sue have been treated like this - Seven showing their complacency again. “We are winning so we don’t need to do anything”
Well if anything I feel for your anchors over there because if that’s the best you can do for them, you’re bloody fools.
Your set isn’t high tech, it’s a bargain bin purchase.
Today tonight has a better virtual set than your staple!

4 Likes

Its very disappointing, if they continue the pattern they should be due for a new set late this year/ early next year. What annoys me the most is, if they really insisted with this virtual set since 2015 they could’ve at least put the live city camera as the background rather than that cartoon looking one.

I won’t go too in-depth on this because its really for the presenters thread, but I sure as hell hope Rick and Sue’s pay-check is bigger than Mark Ferguson’s or Peter Mitchells who although front a larger state but haven’t delivered anything good to the network in terms of ratings.

2 Likes