Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

That just looks really cheap tbh.

They would have just forgotten to cover it with the black slates after Sunrise/TMS.

1 Like

Anyone just catch the weird green screen studio just featured on Sydney’s 4PM News around about 4:43PM

Is that the faux-newsroom backdrop used when they cross to Fergo (or Usher if it’s a Friday) for a preview of what’s coming up tonight at 6pm? If so, that one has been around for a while now.

No it looked like the Today Tonight promo studio that was in big discussion recently

2 Likes

2 Likes

Exactly what I was looking at.

2 Likes

I notice Seven News is having a new advertorial in the first ad break: a Medibank health update with former Seven Melbourne reporter Mia Greves, with “coming up” headlines at the bottom of the screen.

this has been on for at least a month in Perth!!!

1 Like

Is this new in Perth only haven’t seen this during any news update this year

3 Likes

Aired at the end of the Brisbane bulletin tonight too

1 Like

In Brisbane too.
This has been mentioned before

I’m pretty sure Sydney is also getting both of those presentational elements (Sponsored “Up Next” segment + Promotion for The Latest) mentioned, probably a network directive for at least all five main metro markets.

‘NSW Votes’ graphics

6 Likes

So it appears 7 Adelaide have their own chopper again. VH-NDY was flying around Adelaide for some time in the red and white livery but without the 7 or news logos. And now on tonight’s news the 7 has returned (without NEWS)…

Surely 7 didn’t pay to hire their old chopper and reinstate the white ‘7’ just for one news item :thinking:. But then, VH-HSV (shared media helicopter) was still flying about in Adelaide yesterday, according to FlightRadar24.

1 Like

Could this be old footage?

That’s what I thought at first, but the story was about a school-aged competition winner who won the chance to ride in the chopper for day 1 of the 2019 school year:

1 Like

I didn’t think any of the choppers had been repainted yet. (still)

correction… I know some have been painted with 9 on one side and 7 on the other.

Really?

The former GTV9 helicopter in Melbourne has been painted all white with a blue strip I think.

Yeah, the ex-TCN chopper got a similar treatment from what I recall.

If it’s true that Seven Adelaide have regained a chopper, that’s incredibly interesting. You’d think the Sydney or Melbourne stations would be more likely to regain independent choppers given that both are more populated markets and theoretically at least, generate more local news content.