Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

It was MikeCarmichael though on Seven Morning News today, wouldn’t that be sourced and prepared in Sydney? The tennis story voiced by him showed numerous matches from yesterday, absolutely clean with no zoom (from what I could tell) and no “9” logo anywhere… Looked so odd.

Paging: Jason Morrison

The story that aired in Melbourne last night showed the 9 logo:

Sunrise this morning also with the 9 logo:

I went back to my recording and found that voice over report, sans 9 logo. One of the screenshots I grabbed:

2 Likes

There we go, thank you

Of course. I agree. But Seven do seem to be more guilty of it than Nine is. Seen quite a bit of ABC vision pop up on Seven uncredited, whereas Nine does credit the source.

His name is Matt Carmichael.

1 Like

Yes I know typo sorry!

That music sounds like “Clocks” by Coldplay with them adding a little bit of the 7 News theme as a tune over the top? ?

I noticed the same thing. I thought maybe The Australian Open was providing a highlights reel/video news release to worldwide media sans the WWOS logo. Though you would think they would include an Australian Open logo on it somewhere. The vision didn’t look expanded to me (to hide the WWOS logo).

1 Like

It looks like a clean network feed provided by AO for international broadcasters to carry. Gameplay looks to be switched by AO.

2 Likes

Some technical issues in Brisbane tonight. Went to a break early following sport when a story wouldn’t play. When they returned, the headlines vision was shown before cutting straight to the weather. Bulletin finished at 6:56pm.

5 Likes

Gotta love those Mosart gremlins. One wrong code and the whole thing goes out of whack.

1 Like

All gameplay is switched by Tennis.

If that’s the case then Seven can expect a cease and desist letter from Nine’s lawyers.

On the matter of zooming, any form of manipulation of the picture is a breach of the fair use provisions of the copyright act. In fact, broadcasters are also supposed to acknowledge the source with their own super as well as leaving any watermarks intact.

Of course no one is going to take action over fair use breaches because everyone is guilty to a greater or lesser degree.

But where it’s a big ticket event like the Open or the Olympics, networks usually aggressively protect their rights.

1 Like

Here are some of the early news bulletins this week:

With Natalie Barr:

and Edwina Bartholomew:

4 Likes

Ben Davis (sport) and Tony Auden (weather) both at the Big Bash game for the 4pm news in Brisbane.

With some recent discussion of Seven (and Nine) Brisbane’s recent promos for 60 years of news, I thought it might be interesting to remember the following promo from March 2016. Back then it was “For almost 60 years 7 news has been telling our story …” 60 years has been a long time coming!

By the time 60 years came around Bill had jumped off the ship!

Considering 60 years at Brisbane isn’t until November :thinking::thinking:

Oh not this again!!!

Can we at least agree that both of South East Queensland’s two oldest commercial TV stations are (so) far doing a better job at celebrating their upcoming 60th birthdays than either the Sydney or Melbourne stations did a few years ago?

1 Like