Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

According to the EPG it’s listed tomorrow as normal for 30mins from 11:30am.

2 Likes

It’s a very poor mistake if so.

3 Likes

I thought maybe when Ann Sanders returns it’ll change to 60 minutes duration.

2 Likes

The V/O isn’t consistent, as well. Plus, why they called it “Australia’s No. 1” instead of Queensland, since they usually air that specific tagline within the state. Probably not all bulletins were leading against their counterparts this year.

That could be it.

Given the same promo has now aired in Brisbane, looks like it could move to 11am.

1 Like

Interesting neglect of the Early News at 5am also…

8 Likes

I know I shouldn’t be surprised, but after watching Seven News (Adelaide) tonight for the first time in a long while, it has really gone downhill since I last saw it.

When previewing a story in the headlines about a group of children who broke into a building in Rundle Mall, Mike actually used the words “… You won’t believe how young they are!” using their ages as a teaser like I’m watching Buzzfeed TV and not the network’s flagship news bulletin.

Is every story just filled with soundbites of random bystanders these days? The above story must have had 5 or 6 shoppers in Rundle Mall voicing their opinion on how ‘disgusting’ or ‘shameful’ it was these kids has nothing better to do at 2am than to break into a store. Is this what news is now?

And then in before the ad break, a Medibank sponsored ‘health update’? I thought Officeworks was bad over on Nine, but at least they were just ads. This is next level.

Needless to say I can’t wait to see how much more it has degraded when I tune in again in six months time.

Sydney version of the promo has the Morning News at 11:30am.

6 Likes

Brisbane promo fixed up to show morning news at 11.30 and The Latest at 9.30pm.

1 Like

Here are all the promos. The Sunrise part was also updated:

6 Likes

Interesting, Seven News are somehow getting clean feeds of the Aus Open (i.e.) no Nine watermark?

As they’re not rights anymore, is that allowed? Could’ve sworn last year all other networks were only taking vision from Seven’s broadcasts with their watermark.

9, 9Gem and all courts on 9Now have a “WWOS” watermark. So Seven have either digitally removed it? Or gone out of their way to source clean feeds, but I’d be surprised if that’s allowed.

Im not entirely familiar with the rights situation, but could this have something to do with 7 selling there final year in the tennis deal to 9?

It looks very strange, you’d think Seven would just be recording and using footage from 9HD / 9Gem and 9Now if need be or request Nine provide them footage.
But seems they’ve gone the next level and aren’t having any of that!

I’d be pissed off if I were Nine, being exclusive rights.

Among all of their promos, only Melbourne got a different endtag. Plus, Perth (considering their chroma flaw) didn’t have either Rick and Sue or the Perth team in front of the camera as its endtag.

I haven’t seen them. But take a close look next time. You might find that Seven has zoomed in a bit to avoid putting Nine’s watermark on the screen. The Nine watermark is very close to the edge of frame so it wouldn’t be hard.

Seven have form with trying to eradicate any sign of Nine. Seven went to a ridiculous extreme with the falling freeway sign in Melbourne last week. They zoomed in so much to avoid showing any of Nine’s branding that the footage looked absurd. They put a tiny “courtesy of Nine” or similar in the far right corner of the frame that would be that would be unseen on most overscanning TVs.

The following night they had much better footage of the incident. Which had a US ABC watermark on it, complete with “ABC News with David Muir”. So Seven will do anything it can to avoid giving credit to its enemy.

Next they’ll start blurring out other station’s mic flags at pressers etc!

2 Likes

On Seven in Brisbane yesterday - all tennis coverage had the watermark.

4pm news

6pm news:

Could be a Seven News Melbourne thing?

I think they had a big whinge a while back about Nine using footage that was (apparently) supposed to be a Seven exclusive, even though GTV gave credit to HSV. Something among those lines.

I don’t know if anyone else caught this last night, but the vision of the opener and most of Mitch’s intro to the first story was pushed back on the screen.

1 Like

Seven is just being a spoil sports. They can’t win so they piss their enemy off with these kind of things.

Let’s be fair, Seven aren’t the only ones guilty of doing such things - I’ve seen all the networks here zoom in footage/blur logos/(insert example here) to avoid having to credit another network

4 Likes