Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I reckon it’d look nice with the city name under 7 News logo where the 60 YEARS is.

2 Likes

Across Qld they have the city/area name in front of the 7 logo with an arrow between.

What happened with that opener on the Sydney 6pm news tonight? V/O cut off from “Live from our Sydney headquar” while music continued being played out.

It would have something to do with the opening story last night (suspicious packages found in embassies/consulates) because the breaking news sting is heard immediately after that.

Perth went to air 16 October 1959
Brisbane went to air 1 November 1959 :thinking:

Some snaps of tonight’s Melbourne bulletin

Sport/Weather preview

Sport/Weather/Closer

Return from ad break/going to ad break

Would be great if they used the video wall for standing presentations (like they do in the Afternoon News) and use it for live crosses. It’ll be something different

11 Likes

Caps from Perth …
Update:

Afternoon News:

6pm News:

Promo:

8 Likes

Seven News Brisbane promo

8 Likes

Wow, that first cap of the Sunrise team is very old. It’s from February, 2016 - before they tweaked the set.

3 Likes

And it says Morning News is at 11am, not 11:30

3 Likes

Unless if they’re trimming The Morning Show and have Morning News running for a full hour.

2 Likes

Why is the Latest featured?

Why wouldn’t it be?

6 Likes

I thinl it’s a good sign that Seven is keeping the bulletin post cricket.

6 Likes

Shame that there is no consistency with airing the bulletin though

If “The Latest” somehow does manage to survive beyond the cricket season, I still won’t be overly surprised if the program is cancelled after a relatively short time on-air. After the elections, taking a break for coverage of Wimbledon to never return (like what happened to the revived Nine Late News turned Nightline in 2010 IIRC), something among those lines.

This prediction isn’t being made because I particularly desire seeing the program fail, infact I really want it to succeed so Nine and/or Ten will eventually bring back their late night bulletins. But I am basing it off the rather poor track record Australian commercial TV has had in late night news bulletins over the last 10-15 years or so. Also, let’s not forget we’re talking about the same news service which once viewed “Seven News at 7pm on 7TWO” as a major long-term project when as we now know, it was cancelled after only nine months or so! :confused:

Need to bring back the Nightly News branding at 6pm.

2 Likes

So are we thinking The Morning News is moving to an hour duration this year?

30 minute bulletin in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth this evening due to Seven’s BBL coverage.

1 Like

I think it’s a mistake.