Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

100% correct.

Iā€™m with you, but itā€™s easy to see the other point of view.

1 Like

I agree, but itā€™ll be too late in the calendar/ratings year to be worth promoting. Iā€™d be doing what theyā€™re doing if I was them. Make the most of it for the whole yearā€¦

Indeed. Did I tell you Iā€™m celebrating Christmas 2019 this year?

thatā€™s not how a total number works.

Number 1 is year 0 (the first year.) Number 60 is year 59.

like how this is the 21st century, but itā€™s 2018ā€¦ not 2118.

2 Likes

No. Its 59 years, 1 month and 15 days - no moreā€¦ No different to saying that Iā€™m celebrating my birthday 11 months earlyā€¦

Rick made a subtle sneaky snipe at Trivago on Fridayā€™s bulletin during a preview for a story after the break, regarding them being under fire by the ACC Watchdog due to its ā€˜best priceā€™ claim. You can watch it at the 16:05 minute mark here on 7 Plus before it expires. Perhaps a bad experience? :stuck_out_tongue: https://7plus.com.au/seven-news-perth?episode-id=7NNP18-348

ā€œPlus, ā€˜Under Fireā€™: The travel website in trouble with the competition watchdog.ā€

* Sue reads her portion before the cross back to Rick *

ā€œā€¦so they should, Trivago-ā€

All the means to celebrate their 60th anniversary for 3 years.

Yes, and precedes that by saying ā€œIn 2019 we mark a milestoneā€¦ā€ ie, in 2019 we will celebrate 60 years. Which is correct.

Donā€™t understand all the butt hurt over this. The promo could say ā€œIn 2059 we will mark 100 yearsā€ and still be correct.

3 Likes

Iā€™m less than enthused about the very bland news retrospective promo, but I presume thereā€™s plenty more weā€™ve yet to see.

Just saying.

1 Like

Just joining the ā€œis it 60 years or is it notā€ conversation because I am boredā€¦ the safe way around it if they want to begin celebrations now is ā€œcelebrating our 60th yearā€ because he 60th year begins the day after a 59th birthday.

The actual 60th birthday is in 2019 so to say ā€œsqueezing 60 years of news into 60 secondsā€ at this point in the timeline is wrong.

Iā€™m not even sure they had news from day one (does anyone know?). If they didnā€™t ā€œ60 years of newsā€ may not even happen for several years.

Iā€™m sure others may have made these same points earlier but like I said I was bored.

And these are of course important matters that must be resolved for the greater good.

I donā€™t know about QTQ-9, but the guide for the first day of BTQ-7 on @TelevisionAUā€™s brilliant website would suggest that they had some form of news bulletin on the very first day of transmission in 1959: Sunday 1 November 1959 ā€” BRISBANE ā€“ Television.AU

Surely most stations wouldā€™ve started airing news on either the first or second night of transmission? Iā€™d be surprised if very many waited several years.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure youā€™re right and if, as you say, a TV guide indicates there was a news service, then 60 years it is.

Iā€™m guessing most if not all metro stations offered some sort of news service from day one, but it may have been a different story in regional areas.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: TV History

Some people do have birthday weeks/ months hahaā€¦even years.
I was awarded a 30 year service certificate for my job DURING my 30th year, not at the end.
We started celebrating Australiaā€™s bicentennial from 1 Jan 1988 not from 26 Janā€¦
Who cares really? Theyā€™re obviously going to celebrate 60 years on more than one dayā€¦ who cares if itā€™s before or after?

2 Likes

So with the ā€˜The Latestā€™ā€™ debuting during the week, do any of expect some sort of mini refresh since it uses a different style to their regular bulletins? If not then, then perhaps for the 7news.com.au website relaunch.

On a side note, I still find it puzzling that they use the 2004-2016 Seven News theme for the 30 second Officeworks insert ads, though Iā€™m glad they do as the newer theme doesnā€™t have as much oomph that the old one did and grabs your attention, it actually makes you want to watch the News IMO.

1 Like

New promo airing in Sydney- I am sure someone can record it. Certainly not their finest.

3 Likes

This one?

Not the worst promo ever but I agree, not their finest. Iā€™m sure (or at least hope) Nine News Sydney will do something thatā€™s way better than this to celebrate 10 years of Peter Overton!

3 Likes

I just love it when they use ā€œAustralias No.1ā€ line to promote a state broadcast that is Number 2. Yes, NSW and VIC have quite a large population. But Seven wouldnā€™t be number 1 if it wasnā€™t for WA/SA so they really are stretching it there trying to promote Mark Ferguson.

5 Likes

Important news!
I think that Seven News (in Melbourne anyway) has new microphone flags with ā€˜Newsā€™ in the current font. The previous mic flags were certainly starting to look old.

6 Likes