Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Doesn’t make it less annoying.

Not that I do but if I wanted to watch Ab Fab I’d have to wait around for god knows how long til Sunday Night ends. It’s inconvenient for viewers.

Inconvenient and uneccesary.

1 Like
9 Likes

I believe we had a similar discussion last year when Nine had to continue airing the cricket with post-7pm news bulletins in some markets.

Certainly not ideal, but it might be a contractual thing as part of the Cricket Australia broadcast rights. Also, aren’t we forgetting that cricket fans would probably complain about having to watch 7mate SD while the news is on? :wink:

True. Imagine if this happened on Carols In The Domain night in 2-3 weeks time though, social media would probably blow up! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

News commenced at 6:33pm

2 Likes

Thanks for all the info guys, I’ve credited mediaspy in my article.

https://www.tvblackbox.net/seven-launches-new-late-night-news-service/

13 Likes

If the bulletin starts as a production from ATN, I am expecting it to move to the West as a cost-cutting measure. It is a more efficient use of resources.

Plus, Michael isn’t going to work 7 days (maybe it is whoever presents the Sydney bulletin). Unlike Nine, Seven have a number of talented people in Perth who could present the national bulletin.

2 Likes

The Latest: Seven News will be shown at various times on its debut week due to BBL and Carols in the Domain.

2 Likes

Not according to the Foxtel Guide. 10:30pm on those nights.

This concept of running a late news bulletin after sport has been done before by Seven, I think around 2007 Seven Late News used to air after Friday night AFL games?

3 Likes

In Sydney and Brisbane, the late news was shown before the Friday night AFL replay.

I remember that they had a five minute abbreviated update known as ‘Seven Late News’ around this time presented out of Sydney. Or was there are full bulletin I didn’t know about?

Christmas Promo from 7 News Perth, first aired a couple of days ago.

1 Like

With an unexpected end to the cricket, Queensland’s Afternoon News is being presented from the Gold Coast bureau with Amanda Abate. @TV.Cynic

1 Like

1 Like

It doesn’t seem too out of the question given the current look is nearing three years since the 2016 relaunch, Phase 1 which was the rollout of the new ‘The Mission’ theme and OST graphics on February 1st, and with Phase 2 completing the new look with updated supers and opening graphics during Rio on August 8th.

It would make sense to relaunch/refresh to coincide with the re-launch of the 7NEWS website, though if they do a relaunch and bring back that mint violin from the 1999-2004 theme, we’ll be good :ok_hand::violin:

Sounds like a credible news service just listening to it.

1 Like

I agree that theme is great. I can’t see them doing anything too major in a rebrand though and the current theme song isn’t that old. I’d just imagine tweaks to incorporate the new 7NEWS.com.au website.

3 Likes

Yeah, I do agree it will most likely be small tweaks, though the first look at ‘The Latest: Seven News’ may possibly hint some sort of refresh, and spotted by @NewsAustralia recently…

The fact that both Perth and Adelaide appear to have the same set design is telling, and appears to have similar elements, like the glass panes and hints of red, white and black. It doesn’t seem like something that would be done randomly, though a change like this would be pretty radical considering the set differences (virtual VS physical).

1 Like

I wouldn’t read too much into those images. Probably something that a work experience very kid in Sydney designed seeing as only Adelaide and Perth have TT.
That set has no detail linking it to seven and looks entirely virtual and basic lol.

But back to my point I just don’t see Seven investing in a massive on air relaunch for 7NEWS, they seem to have their $$ strings tightened. If they are using old templates from 7NEWS for the cricket graphics, (the same glossy bar elements) then I think that’s a big enough indicator there’s a budget constraints.
But I guess time will tell :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And TT Adelaide hasn’t used that version of the logo for however long now

The horrible fake set totally looks like it’d be used in PErth though!