Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

A Sydney news update from Perth last night, that looks like its in HD. However I thought only Sydney and Melbourne studios had HD output? Unless only the presentation was done in Perth, but it was edited in Sydney?

5 Likes

I think from what i’ve seen, They feed the camera back to Sydney and then play the footage down and edit and playout from Sydney

I would’ve thought that Seven Perth was capable of HD playout, because those studios are only three or four years old.

2 Likes

I’d be quite surprised if that is the case since their current studio has been used since 2015, Perth bulletins look like they are HD, unless they just up-scaled them.

1 Like

Seven Perth is HD capable. Only Adelaide and Brisbane aren’t.

3 Likes

Perth is definitely HD, the backgrounds behind presenters are low quality (especially afternoon news one) so it may at times look up scaled but it isn’t

3 Likes

Cricket - styled news update opener

6 Likes

I can’t believe this one hasn’t been mentioned yet, but it seems like Seven News Sydney are getting more native HD content into their bulletins with actual report content & more live crosses now going to air in native HD.

Some content was still only upconverted SD, things like the Federal Politics report were to be expected but last night Mel McLaughlin had an “Exclusive” interview with some cricketer and only the only camera which appeared to be in HD was the one focused on the interviewee. Not sure what the go was there!

Also while I’m here, Christmas Lights Super:

Keeping with the Western Sydney theme of this news service, the house featured there is at Smithfield.

6 Likes

I know right! Because we’re all wanting to report about certain native HD content in a specific news bulletin…

This is a thread called “Seven News Content and Appearance”. HD content would come under that.

11 Likes

Do we even know if Seven’s is permanent and not just during the cricket? Seems very strange to launch on a Wednesday in December!

2 Likes

I suspect they’re using the first night of the Big Bash to launch it. Surely it’s permanent?

Pretty sure it’s got nothing to do with just being on after the Cricket as it appears the late edition of Seven News will also air on Saturday 22 December after Carols in the Domain.

So it’s looking like they’re committing to late news 7 nights a week. (providing they have a bulletin on the Sunday)

1 Like

Christmas promo/idents for QLD

8 Likes

The Latest: Seven News also seems to be happening on weekends? Foxtel’s guide has
this down as following Carols in the Domain on Saturday the 22nd. Very interesting :thinking:.

4 Likes

I’m also wondering if we are in for a relaunch of some sorts to coincide with the new 7NEWS.com.au site launching early next year. Exciting times for Seven News.

3 Likes

From what I recall, there were only minor tweaks to Nine News (adding .com.au into the supers/watermark) when 9News.com.au was launched in mid-2014.

I reckon Seven will probably do something similar - perhaps by having the “NEWS” part of the corner screen logo rotating to promote the website.

Either way, it’s exciting times. Who would ever have thought we would have a late night news bulletin 7 nights a week these days. I wonder what the motivation is behind this. It’s a very interesting development.

4 Likes

Seven News Perth just aired an update that was around 3 Minutes long. It featured the weather lower third as seen in Sydney.

2 Likes

Is it “local” if it’s networked? :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe it is local?