Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I’m surprised SAS still have one! BTQ got rid of theirs aaaaaages ago.

That looks like it could be the same truck that plods along to Carols by Candlelight (Adelaide) each year the concert is broadcast:

(photo from 2017)

2 Likes

Im not sure, but maybe the Adelaide market doesn’t have the ability to outsource these operations out, like they do in Melbourne and Sydney.

1 Like

With the weeknight bulletins beating Nine in 2018, weekends are really smashing them in Brisbane with a 100,000 gap last Saturday, following a similar result to the Sunday prior.

3 Likes

Hmm, it’s almost as if Seven has an extremely popular newsreader on weekends in South East Queensland! :wink:

3 Likes

Also, how much money did Nine REALLY save in setting off news production blueprints that would destroy ratings in both QLD and Darwin at the same time? That’s no fair to Jono, either.

95k for QTQ9 is the lowest in AGES! holy.

2 Likes

How can anyone actually watch Mark Ferguson? The way he holds his head alone makes me feel uncomfortable and that’s just from looking at caps.

5 Likes

So… it’s ok to judge people based on their looks now?

Haha are you having a laugh mate? I wasn’t judging his looks I was judging the way he holds his head it makes his head disproportionate to his body. Some people have bad ocds and his stance can leave anyone Feeling like I do when I see him. Has nothing what so ever to do with his looks get a grip.

1 Like

His posture of having his body off-axis to the camera while his head slightly turned towards it is a little odd. Feels like an old Brian Williams pick-up.

His posture yes, that was the word I was looking for!

I still fail to see how his “posture of having his body off-axis to the camera” gives any reason for people to judge his news-reading ability, nor explain why people can/can’t watch him.

How is he supposed to change that?

1 Like

Oh, it’s television. It’s all out there for viewers to see, whether they like it or not.

As for his posture, I suspect he can change it easily. If I’m being paid hundreds of thousands to sit slouched for an hour and I’m then told to sit up straight, I would.

Edit: All said, I don’t mind his reading at all.

Unfortunately, this tweet is nothing to do with news presentation in Brisbane :wink:

3 Likes

Like it or not, television is a visual medium. That doesn’t mean every presenter needs to fit a certain mould or be “attractive” but it does mean that viewers will respond to the way they present themselves on-screen and Mark is usually quite uncomfortable to watch (though not as bad as David Muir who looks like he’s desperate to get to the toilet every night).

2 Likes

I agree. One can just imagine many older viewers (which let’s be honest, is just about the target demographic for the 6pm news these days) going “Sit up straight!” while watching Mark Ferguson. :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t Peter Overton usually lean to the left? I don’t think it’s a Fergo exclusive.

2 Likes

True…but it’s also been the way for many years including when Sharyn was weekend newsreader and even back to Tracy Challenor

1 Like

Nine has always struggled in Brisbane because Seven have some really talented anchors on weekends.

2 Likes