Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Perth breaking news opener and Telethon countdown

They still use the old style supers when transitioning to the break when weather is coming up.

5 Likes

Seven News had a late national story but with no opener or graphics. There were two local updates prior to that.

Seven managed to get the link to Paul Burt working fro an evening weather update.

4 Likes

Brisbane local midday edition

With misbehaving supers

3 Likes

Hey, I might watch Seven’s coverage now. Why don’t they have a local backdrop though?

2 Likes

More bothered by the big reflection I’m seeing too,

3 Likes

Strange that they don’t have a smaller plasma upstairs for news updates etc. Kay is STANDING at the weather plasma.

If they used the skyline, it might not have been as noticeable.

1 Like

Bit of an error on the morning news this morning with the graphics, David Brown handled it very well as usual and memorised his script with no graphics.

4 Likes

I saw that did a great job, from what I saw (OFF-AIR) he asked someone to go update a graphic before the cross, (Don’t know if this is part of it) But they may have published the wrong weather as it had Christmas Day forecasts in the graphics)

6 Likes

Probably to replicate the notion of the usual national morning newscast.

3 Likes

Brisbane 4pm

2 Likes

Brisbane 4pm news opener:

A different weather graphic for the recent weather in QLD

and the graphics blooper on the morning news today.

(Video starts on the weather)

6 Likes

Hope they don’t present the entire 6pm bulletin on location. I thought one of the purposes of a double header was the ability to have one do an OB and the other to read the rest of the days news (and as a back up) in studio.

6 Likes

Far out Seven sent the whole bloody newsroom, Sarah Greenhalgh is up on Fraser Island also.

2 Likes

Seven News Queensland is also doing a royal special at 10:30pm tonight.

Looks like a 2010/11 era graphic, judging by the font.

1 Like

It’s the same style that 7NEWS Sydney uses for the sport backdrop… eek. It’s spreading :confused:

4 Likes

Just saw this any idea where this backdrop is from I’ve never seen if before but looks nice.

2 Likes

It’s what they use for national updates out of Perth, there is a quick snap of it here as well -

3 Likes

The newsroom in the background is actually Brisbane’s newsroom. It’s used in Perth for afternoon updates and as said the national updates from Perth.

I personally like this one better than Perth’s current afternoon news one, not sure why they insist with the blurry city ones with stupid blue Pillars.

5 Likes