Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Perth brackdrop once again updated for daylight savings. Here’s a little comparison.

5 Likes

Are Perth doing daylight savings this year?

1 Like

No, Perth hasn’t done DST for a decade now.

3 Likes

That set is horrendous.

7 Likes

Gotta agree with @pelican here. It’s not that easy as you think. Presentation can be pretty inflexible when it comes to stuff like that.

While STQ might have a template ready, BCM has to be contacted to see when they can air the weather alert. My hunch was BCM wasn’t able to, and it was close to the 4pm news. So it was easier in the end to let BTQ do the announcement for a statewide audience.

You can also hear SEWS on ABC Local Radio while on state wide programming to announce an emergency.

1 Like

Still don’t understand why they cut the top of the skyline off?

1 Like

Wrong titlecard was ran for the Early News today.

7 Likes

Looks like Perth has finally adopted the same News Updates format as the National ones. There was a News Update a few minutes ago with Sue, complete with the 2016 version of “The Mission” rendition playing the the background, and paired with the same swiping transitions and National “Nightly at 6.00” title-card. It was also using the generic Perth Newsroom backdrop instead of the nighttime Perth skyline.

Good to see Seven Perth slowly adapting elements some markets got ages ago, it adds more polish.

1 Like

I think Sue went national. I posted earlier in the Presenters thread :thinking:

2 Likes

Huh, interesting. Why can’t Perth updates be done in the same way? :thinking:

1 Like

:man_shrugging: maybe it’s the start.

1 Like

…or maybe something happened at Martin Place which forced them to get Perth doing News Updates for the night.

1 Like

I’m actually surprised that they don’t do national updates from Perth more often.

4 Likes

Seven News Perth Telethon Transition.

1 Like

Seven News Melbourne totally dropped the ball on the Royal coverage in that city.

Nine News has had long segments of live coverage with no commercial breaks.

Seven has either not shown things. Or interrupted coverage for long commercial and even advertorial breaks.

And worst of all, hosted it from Sydney where they don’t seem to have a clue about what’s happening.

So much for Seven being “The Royal Network”!!

7 Likes

Everything you mentioned happened between 3pm and 4pm as a result of the The Daily Edition taking over the coverage from the Melbourne newsroom (so that it could prepare for the 4pm bulletin).

I’m not excusing it - just stating it wasn’t what the vast majority of their coverage today was like

1 Like

Is anyone able to record national updates tonight?

Not true. All morning coverage was like that as well. The Morning Show hosted the whole mess form Sydney

The vast majority of the coverage (between 11:30am and 3pm) was presented out of Melbourne

Link lost to Paul Burt for Seven Brisbane. Kay ended up reading weather report

9 Likes