Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

She’s behind you!

17 Likes

Seven have copied Nine again! An Officeworks sponsorship thing just aired in Melbourne, like what Nine do with I believe Suncorp. I think it was using the 2004-2016 theme as well!

Funnily enough, Officeworks was the original Nine News sponsorship.

5 Likes

They copy each other all the time. Nothing new.

3 Likes

If this bit is true, Seven should (again) reinstate the old theme music for all segments of the bulletin IMO!

For the most part, it’s been more common to see Seven News following what Nine News is doing (particularly on the East Coast) than the other way round in recent years though.

But in the case of sponsorship segments, haven’t Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five (at least here in Sydney) been airing an ad for the traffic report Sponsor just before the break which follows those segments for ages now?

1 Like

Same in Brisbane just now. “Back in 30 seconds” and just an Officeworks ad with a “coming up” strap.
Pretty sure did something similar with a different advertiser a few years ago. (Can’t remember who)

Sponsor board from the Brisbane bulletin:

It says: ‘Seven News, back in 30 seconds’ with the previous theme over the voiceover.

Video:

6 Likes

Wonder if we’ll see it in Perth, they kinda go their own way about things. Would be nice to hear the 2004 theme again, imo it kinda made you want to watch the News because of the engaging theme, at least it did for me when I was a bit younger. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Rename the bulletins to 79 News. Seems to make sense these days -_-

5 Likes

Can you let us know if you see the new Sponsor Board on the Perth bulletin tonight?

1 Like

@Biscuit45, the sponsor board was seen with the same theme and all, the only difference was that the ‘Coming Up’ text was replaced with ‘Up Next’ and that there was nothing coming up, only confused viewers. :confused:

5 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.robertsoncooper.com/images/nonews.gif

11 Likes

Oh, it is one of these days is it!? :rofl:

8 Likes

Did all of that actually go to air??

1 Like

Not on the same day (not even the same year), and there was a little contextual editing (e.g. the no news supers for 7, 9 and 10) for entertainment purposes :wink:

Copy and pasting the YouTube description:

Clips are from Seven News and Today Tonight Adelaide (April 2017), Ten Eyewitness News Adelaide (September 2015) and Nine News Adelaide (May 2017).

Nine’s clip was if I recall the first bulletin using the new Adelaide set and there was a long break waiting for ACA. 7 were for a little while having technical issues on one day of the week, over several weeks, but this all seems to be fixed these days :slight_smile:

Originally posted in tongue-in-cheek mocks: Tongue-in-cheek mocks - #337 by marquisite

2 Likes

Well I was wondering how long it would take them to do it… It is quite cheeky when its still classified as “in program” for them to get around the ad break restraints.

2 Likes

Seven News claims 2018 ratings year:

@TV.Cynic Would that be Monday to Sunday or just Monday to Friday?

4 Likes

In this year’s case I would think it’s both.

Just waiting for @TV.Cynic to check.

3 Likes

Seven News is has the highest average audience in Brisbane (6pm-7pm) for the survey period on every day of the week except Monday! So that claim applies to Mon-Fri, Weekend and Sun-Sat. It also has the highest audience 6-6.30 and 6.30-7pm.

7 Likes

The backdrop was changed for the closer of Seven News Sydney tonight for the Everest Draw

17 Likes

That looks great!

9 Likes