Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Gold Seven logo for special coverage of West Coast Eagles’ Grand Final “Welcome Home” party:

4 Likes

Dual presenter style looking good tonight on 7 Perth.

6 Likes

No. Everything about that is disgusting.

6 Likes

In ur opinion perhaps.

1 Like

Yep :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thought so.

Don’t get me wrong. The virtual set is shit. I just liked Barra on the desk proper not around the stupid corner. But they went back to that for the sports section. So it was short lived anyway.

5 Likes

I still can’t believe they’re coming from that cartoon set? It looks so unreal and out of scale.

1 Like

I saw on Jane Bunn’s Facebook page that she had a wardrobe malfunction during the weather report tonight with her earring clearly falling out as she was speaking

1 Like

I reckon Lynne Scrivens (EP of Seven News Melbourne, formerly COS and before that Sydney) would be a strong chance to take over from Mr Pristel?

1 Like

Seven’s Afternoon News Perth now uses the First at 4 transition in the Opener.

Now they just need to add a voice over and wide shot with live background for a better flow.

3 Likes

They have so much space in the Perth studio for a real set ,come on 7 step up.

5 Likes

Interest rates:

As seen here:

3 Likes

Two noteworthy things for mine here, does Ryan Phelan usually do breaking news updates? And are they usually with that unconventional backdrop?

1 Like

Those 2.30pm “Interest Rates” News Flashes are presented from the set used for The Daily Edition with Ryan Phelan also doing the News Updates for that show.

7 Likes

On the set of The Daily Edition where he does news updates during the show.

5 Likes

Cross to Gold Coast news room from Brisbane tonight.

4 Likes

From Seven

Channel Seven Melbourne Director of News Simon Pristel has resigned his position with Seven. Simon is set to leave television at the end of the year to establish his own communications company.

Simon has led the news team for more than six years, achieving an outstanding result over the last 12 months of a 2% growth year-on-year. He will continue in the role for the next three months to ensure a smooth transition to a new leadership team.

Network Director of News and Public Affairs Craig McPherson said;

“Simon leaves Seven News Melbourne in great shape. Under his stewardship the news hour has undergone substantial change and seen impressive growth.

“His commitment, passion and leadership has set us up well for the future.

“I wish him nothing but success as he takes those traits into the business world.”

Managing Director, Channel Seven Melbourne Lewis Martin said;

“Simon is a highly regarded newsman across the complex news gathering landscape.

“No one knows Melbourne, and what makes Melbourne tick, better than Simon.

“This knowledge and his passion for news is what sets him apart from the rest.

“He leaves Seven Melbourne with our respect and deep appreciation for a job well done.”

Along with Craig and Lewis, Simon addressed the newsroom this afternoon. Speaking later, he said;

“It has been a tremendous privilege leading the talented and passionate Seven News team.

“The newsroom is in great shape for the future and I look forward to working closely with Craig and Lewis to deliver a smooth transition to new leadership group.”

4 Likes

Perth 4pm news had live interview in studio today with Amelia Broun

3 Likes

Do you know by any chance who she was interviewing? Just missed it as I caught the TV.

There was 2 interviews, one was from Murdoch University and the studio one was about 2 people saving a car crash victim.

Took them long enough to start introducing these, Nine Perth has been the leader in WA in terms of innovation in the afternoon news.

4 Likes