Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Looked great on screen.

2 Likes

Maybe they should use this as the Perth set :rofl:

1 Like

Seven Queensland 4pm news leads with Wayne Bennett coaching decision

But for the NRL rights holder the story missed the headlines and was shown just before the first ad break.

1 Like

Whilst arguably 7’s supers are superior to 9’s, what’s with the way 7 have written theirs? So wrong to have it read over two lines like that.

6 Likes

Surprised no one mentioned a new addon to the backdrop on the Sydney Afternoon News.
The text “Sydney” sits vertically on the right side of the screen.

3 Likes

I think that’s been there since the start of the bulletin last year.

4 Likes

Just checked Monday and Tuesday’s bulletins and it wasn’t there. Must’ve been introduced today?

1 Like

Maybe it’s been missing in the past, but the backdrop’s graphical overlay was definitely there for the first edition of Seven News: First At 4 Sydney on 31/7/2017!

4 Likes

Hmm interesting. I remember seeing that strap a few times before this week.

4 Likes

in case the opera house wasn’t enough to identify it?

3 Likes

One of the first times Seven Perth has used a presenter lower third, this was during a cross from Rick to Baz (Both in Melbourne)

5 Likes

I don’t think I have ever seen it done in Perth

1 Like

Seven News Perth had one long voiceover tonight : “This is Seven News with Susannah Carr in Perth and Rick Ardon reporting on the grand final live from Melbourne”… way too long IMO

3 Likes

I think it kinda adds to the special bulletin, makes it more engaging in my opinion, like the quick shot of Rick standing during the voice-over before it crosses to the presenter view shot. It’s nice to see Seven Perth do anything different at all! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Here is the full bulletin anyway for those interested

2 Likes

It sounded terrible.

2 Likes

the wide shot in Melbourne needed more movement

1 Like

I really like the concept behind it, they did it when they covered a story in Bedford, but something like “Rick Ardon Live from Melbourne” would have been better as yeah it was too long.

3 Likes

Exactly. i like the concept but just "This is Seven News with Susannah Carr in Perth and Rick Ardon live in Melbourne” would sound better IMO

3 Likes

Tonight’s Perth bulletin:

Opener:

7 Likes