Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Getting darker

5 Likes

7 News Drought Appeal Opener

2 Likes

The brown supers aren’t that easy on the eye, shame none of the graphics are in native HD from what I can see.

1 Like

Nothing in HD

Graphics:

Transition

4 Likes

Yeah, I think that’s all live content coming out of the BTQ Mt Coot-tha control room in general.

It seems to be very slim pickings when it comes to native HD-produced news bulletins and other studio-produced live/local programming in Brisbane (and Adelaide) - Nine and that’s about it.

1 Like

Kay McGrath in Brisbane

4 Likes

Some interesting footage from the top of the Seven studios at Mt Coot-tha with Tony Auden on the roof for his package during tonight’s drought appeal.

4 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

I thought that 7 News Special Presentation logo was interesting at the end of tonight’s telecast, haven’t seen anything like that before I don’t think.

2 Likes

Here is yesterday’s Queensland bulletin for those interested.

1 Like

When an errant Mosart Viz command is left in the Morning News rundown.

9 Likes

This afternoon’s Melbourne bulletin with Mike Amor and Sydney’s bulletin with Chris Reason for those interested.

6 Likes

Best time of year for the live shots, Seven looking equally spectacular tonight -

Imagine how good it would look like if the blue maps/vertical plasmas were replaced with big screens that wrapped the backdrop right around the desk.

7 Likes

I agree!

:+1:

I personally suspect the current Seven News Sydney/national set and the overall branding might’ve looked much better if they waited for Nine News to roll out their current look sets (Which you’d have to imagine might’ve been planned for as far back as 2015 let alone 2016?) rather than rushing into their most recent slow and stilted rebrand. I still don’t think the updated “ABC World News Tonight Rip-Off” Headline Graphics introduced earlier this year look that great while the accompanying transitions aren’t broadcast quality IMO.

Another element I really think Seven News Sydney needs to change is the hideous sports backdrop. At least the unfocused ANZ Stadium pic (or the SCG one we had last Summer, which I’d imagine may be an Olympic Park Tennis Centre one this Summer with the change in sports rights) from Nine looks tasteful & is relevant to Sydney!

1 Like

Loving that the set is keying onto the viewfinder of the camera on the left… smooth.

It’s a joke. The glass on the desk always gets keyed out because of the green reflection, you can see right through to behind the set instead of an inverted reflection. BBC never has this issue in their virtual set.

1 Like

That’s mostly because the mid-90’s BBC “virtual set” was mostly thanks to masking and a coordinated digital transposition to allow for a wide shot of a very specific segment of the physical set to fill in and blend in with the virtual one.

ITV News’s virtual sets from at least 2010 and on have been able to work with desk-based reflections.

3 Likes

Tim Hatfield on assignment for a special investigation

This appeared at the start of The Chase at the wrong time

5 Likes