Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

images%20(11)

More than enough room for a physical set instead of the current virtual monstrosity.

6 Likes

Is it just me or has the picture quality of pre-recorded Sydney News Updates improved considerably sometime recently?

Of course the picture quality of live updates still looks slightly better, but a vastly improved situation compared to this from August 1 last year:

3 Likes

My guess is that the August 1 update was probably filmed upstairs (given the wider backdrop and no corner of desk below the logo) which would explain the difference.

Just a guess.

2 Likes

Since we’re tossing in guesses, my thought’s that the DVR downflow has improved. New recorder? More source disk space to allow for higher quality record settings? Something in there.

Whenever I see an in-studio recorded segment from lower budget networks or stations, I can easily tell it’s such from the added compression.

Sydney opener tonight

3 Likes

I like that they’re trying new things, but the execution is just hideous. The ambient lighting should be white with a little red to throw back to the 7 networks colour palette for familiarity. The red and orange on the front of the desk is just hideous, I can’t believe anyone thought that looked good.

5 Likes

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but when it comes to bushfires, it’s red all the way or you’re not news-ing hard enough.

They really need to get rid of that sky blue trans print behind the side screens, it’s hideous in any scanrio. I agree the orange on the front of the desk should be white.

8 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. I would prefer for them to continue those grey and coloured panels (ones next to the screen) behind the plasmas. Or just get the screens to fill up the whole square.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t disagree, the lighting around the back screen could stay red if they used it sparingly.

Not sure what happened here, but the picture was slightly squished for a reporter VO-only News Update (which as far as I can tell, was voiced by Angie Asimus) in Sydney this afternoon:

A promo for Weekend Sunrise (which I can only presume are recorded for transmission in a similar way to these) suffered from similar problems on Friday night.

3 Likes

First time I’ve heard of this?

1 Like

It’s been advertised now for a week or so

Tuesday -
Morning News started at 11am today.

3 Likes

That end graphic? Who approved it?

What’s the point of being outside with the Sydney skyline in the background if you can’t see it. It’s too blurred. The look on Fergo’s face? Is half squinty smile. It’s these small attention to detail items that are missing at the moment. They can definitely come up with a polished and sleek ender graphic in 2018. Seriously Seven.

3 Likes

Newsroom setup for crosses

7 Likes

Why don’t they just sit in front of the newsroom???

1 Like

Allows them to control whats happening behind them and the weather as well as being able to switch to the pokies, and other various show backgrounds

1 Like

control the background audio too.

1 Like