Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Something I’ve been wanting to say for a while is during the Nightly bulletin they often say “see what happened” or, “find out next” and even “we’ll reveal”, it’s kinda like Seven Perth have forgotten that the Internet easily accessible!

Because of easy access to news stories anytime, anywhere on Social Media, we usually can already find the answer before the Ad break is finished. Seven Perth is quite dated when it comes to things like this.

The “see it at 6” excuse is very irritating as well, its been one of my gripes with the Afternoon Bulletin even before it was extended, it’s not like you’d hear the same thing in the National 4.30 Bulletin. People like to be informed as events and developments happen, there shouldn’t be an excuse, when it’s probably already available online via the Facebook Page. :roll_eyes:

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post, but it looks like Nine have taken over from Seven as sponsors for the Royal Adelaide Show this year. No mention of the Seven News Shipping Container Experience in the Show Guide, seems Channel Nine have a booth though, will be interesting to see what they do.

4 Likes

Promo-style writing is standard practice on commercial TV news. Producers don’t assume the audience are that savvy with technology. There’s the risk that if the producers write a promo line that reveals the whole story, viewers can switch off to a more attractive story on another network.

Also, the purpose of the local 4pm bulletins is to tease and lead in to 6pm. Think of it as this, 4pm is “what’s the latest happening now with this event” and 6pm is “what has happened today.”

They claim its First at 4 but really its Last at 4 with the details being provided… just my opinion for Perth anyway. Pretty sure Sydney and Melbourne are more with it and informing.

1 Like

Tonight’s Sydney bushfires coverage

3 Likes

Is the red lighting meant to symbolize fire…:neutral_face: I think Seven took our suggestions of adding more red to the bulletin too literally! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Adelaide’s 7 News has started to utilise the newsroom for live reports during their 6pm bulletin - a refreshing change!

This angle has been used for sports previews since the inaugural local 4pm bulletin:

10 Likes

7 Another Perth studio shot from Instagram.

5 Likes

Looks very cramped. :confused: Seems like plenty of space for a proper set, why they opted for a virtual set we will not know. :neutral_face:

Looks like 7 News Syd has ditched the use of the Sunrise LCD screen and are instead using a standalone screen.

2 Likes

Is this it? I capped this being used for a story graphic a couple of nights ago but they didn’t use it for weather at the time so I didn’t post it.image

1 Like

That looks so dodgy. They should really build a physical screen which is the exact same if they wanted it to look like that.

1 Like

That’s the one!

Doesn’t look horrible, the grey borders around the screen before would reflect green screen next to it. Would prefer this instead of Nines screen infront of a screen. But then Seven has just done the same thing and chucked a screen infront lol.

They still appear to be using it for (parts of) the Weather though.

As for this new one…I think it might be a computer generated graphic judging by the above posed by AvidViewer? Looks awful either way.

Although it has to be said that Nine News Sydney have been presenting weather in front of the giant curved screen (similar presentation to the Headline Recap/1st Sports Report) since March.

2 Likes

Seven Brisbane anchors have continued sharing duties at the Ekka across the week but were both in studio for Thursday.

Tue

Wed

Thu

3 Likes

Not rating well?

Yep it’s a CGI screen. Looks horrid

1 Like

The space is probably decently sized. The desk is just oversized.

7 News Brisbane won comfortably over 9 last night.

2 Likes