Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Saturday 1 September

And reporting on the drought is Joel Dry!

3 Likes

Video of opener and highlights to first break

1 Like

2 Likes

Max at RNA

And cue Max

1 Like

Full bulletin

2 Likes

Live crosses during 6pm bulletin

Brisbane anchors swapped places on Monday with Sharyn at the Ekka. Paul Burt’s microphone looking almost edible :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That set is hideous.

Can I say it’s one of the worst sets in the world?

Not bad, but I still reckon Damien Smith (oh, how I miss seeing this guy’s reports and PTCs on TV) did it better by using an ice cream as a microphone!

That one was from a report on some award-winning gelato, but I’d also recommend this to any Sydney TV reporters who are reading as an idea for next year’s Royal Easter Show or as an alternative to the very cliché melting ice block vision on “hot weather” reports during the Summer! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Ekka is famous for strawberry icecream cones

2 Likes

Yes because we didn’t already know that.

1 Like

Child labour at Seven

9 Likes

Taking cost cutting to a whole new level.

2 Likes

Perth’s afternoon news has added a daily finance segment from today

10 Likes

Is the spinning “First At 4 Perth” corner logo (similar to the one used in Sydney, not sure about other markets) a new thing?

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it’s been there somewhere around when Sydney started its local afternoon news in July 2017.

3 Likes

Finally, some change! I noticed they used to have Nick Bruining at the desk for the “Your Money” Segment in Dianella, no idea why they aren’t utilizing their “set” properly. That’s a nice change, but long overdue.

As @SamSamTV said above, it has been there for quite a while now:

2 Likes

Now all they need is a proper opener, ticker and live background to make it better.

The opening music is the same used for updates and to be honest that whole 1 hour is just like an extended update with that “I’ll have the details on this at 6” from reporters

7 Likes

fucckkkkkk yesssssssssssss urgghhhhhhhhhhh I’ve said it before, and ill say it again I hateeee the ‘more details at six’ shit they pull. like fuck just imagine a breaking story or something with a murderer on the loose or something idk

As we go to air this afternoon a gunman is running around the city, causing havoc and shooting anyone he finds. Lets go now live to our reporter on the scene for more, what can you tell us?

Yes Sam, innocent lives are being taken this afternoon with an armed gunman patrolling the city streets today. At 6pm, I’ll tell you where he is, how to avoid them and their next targets, see you then, Sam.

5 seconds later, whole crew found dead, no details can be given at 6pm

it’s like you’d HAVE to tune in at 6 for stuff that should be given to you then and there. it’s not news if it’s just old information, it’s a promo for 6pm.

8 Likes

:raised_hands: to these comments.

The whole of 7 News Perth is subpar atm.

1 Like