Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

This is 1000 times better than Exelby’s blooper last year. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

MediaBites should do the trick. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Seven in Brisbane is again sponsoring the RNA show. However, based on recent years that probably means not to expect much more than weather and a live cross during bulletins.

Contrasts to 2015 when the Seven local afternoon news was launched at the show.

6 Likes

Somewhat off topic, but it’ll be rather interesting to see who files the Ekka reports on Seven (and other TV channels) in Brisbane this year!

…or plastering the showgrounds with advertising?

Even here in Sydney (where Nine has dominated the commercial FTA TV showground sponsorship market for many years), Seven News still forked out some money to sponsor this Information Kiosk and maybe one or two other things this year:

6 Likes

Seven have had some very coveted show bags in the past. The other media partners this year are 4KQ, 4MMM and hit105.

It seems that gone are the days when the networks could afford this

3 Likes

Not specifically referring to anyone but the same can be said about a lot of other members with Nine.

As it stands, the GC news and the 6pm news in Brisbane is from the same control room, hence it would be pretty difficult to run two bulletins in the same control room.

I question this too. It should really be a composite bulletin EVERY DAY (like NBN).

I think it’s not too bad for Nine. Bruce and Wendy (at least from some of the posts on MS) works alright on screen. The combination of Rod and Amanda though seems like a straight up copy of Nine. With that, Seven has basically scrapped its two point of differences (the other being a weekend bulletin)

And that’s what makes their set hideous. A live backdrop would go a long way for that set.

Pretty big. If I was on the GC and wanted to watch the local news, I would be quite confused (if I wasn’t tech savvy) if I saw The Chase at 5:30 instead of the local news. Having said that though, because Brisbane is stuck in the 1990s in terms of picture quality, if the GC news is controlled through the same control room, then I think the picture quality of the GC news will probably leave a lot to be desired if it was played on 7HD.

3 Likes

NBN covers hundreds of kilometers in the Hunter and Northern Rivers and has a population reach of about 1 million. 7GC covers 100 or so kilometers that is duplicative of its parent market and has a reach of 600,000 or so.

Lest we suggest that 7 start covering what’s in Prime territory to justify investment in the GC operation, I’d call it a tough sell to invest in separate controls and a few more reporters and producers to make a composite broadcast.

Heaven forbid ACMA slice away Gold Coast to make it its own market.

I highly doubt Gold Coast would become its own market, at least not yet. Maybe if it hits 1m (current population of Adelaide is 1.1m). But they should at least carve it out of NNSW to stop overlap.

1 Like

Have not seen what 9 and 10 are doing but on the afternoon news, 7 are running grabs of the 4 Corners interview on the divers in Thailand. The ABC bug is completely covered up by the ticker and 7 News logo. No mention that the grabs were from the ABC, just run out like they interviewed them all. Shameless of 7 and anyone else who is doing similar.

Same on Sunrise this morning

Afternoon news in Brisbane looks like this

1 Like

It would’ve been better for ABC to add a larger logo at the top left hand corner, so that if it was zoomed in, it would look odd, though I recall a similar thing happening a few years ago between Nine and Seven, with Seven blurring out the Nine News logo…

2 Likes

The clips on Ten were very similar extracts; so possibly provided by ABC? ABC should have provided clips with a Four Corners logo.

2 Likes

Seems they’ve noticed and are unhappy.

7 Likes

Well what were they expecting? Should have had a logo in a top corner like Seven/Nine do when they get these sorts of interviews.

1 Like

Still, not hard for the networks to put a “Credit: ABC” mark in the top, same size as those “First On” shitstains, but this one would have a purpose.

5 Likes
1 Like

I love when people who get called out reply back and call them trolls. The guy called Michael a wanker but also kinda had a point lmao

https://twitter.com/PcehPj/status/1019183663383113728

1 Like

He’s wrong. The apology wasn’t as a result of Twitter. They noticed it on air and fixed it.

If Sunrise did correct what they are now acknowledging as an error, Seven News repeated that error in afternoon and prime time bulletins.

6 Likes

As was the case with Ten News last night as well.