Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Implying it was ‘living’ in the first place.

I have a live link to a better backdrop if Seven needs it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not my original photo, found it off Facebook but I found this interesting, a Print Ad in the West Australian for a specific Seven News story on the Perth News tonight… Is it common to have Print Ads for specific News reports? :thinking:

1 Like

In Brisbane they have specific stories highlighted across digital billboards, I guess it makes it worthwhile if they’re breaking a story on a particular issue that is otherwise not being reported. I don’t mind it personally and shows a level of investigation, but would’ve expected this to be shown on Today Tonight in Perth rather than during the news.

1 Like

pretty cheap way of advertising too since Seven owns the paper and probably have pages to fill.

8 Likes

Yep. No different to them running promos on TV for their shows

3 Likes

Red lighting on the desk for breaking news and a cross to the newsroom with Paul Kadak.

And another update just before the weather

Seven has also said they will have more on the incident at 7:30

3 Likes

Nice angle of the newsroom (though I suspect just a prerecorded loop on their upstairs mini set) - much better than the fake control room they use during the day.

2 Likes

There was a Live report of the shooting in Perth

Mylee Hogan is doing updates.

This was the news flash earlier at 7:30

2 Likes

What’s meant to be the difference between a News Update, News Flash (Seven) and Newsflash (Nine), since Seven uses both flashes and updates (like tonight) while Nine uses both breaks and updates?

Live vs pre-recorded.

I’m surprised they don’t make a bigger deal of these breaking news updates when they happen. In the US the networks all have unique graphics/openers/themes for their “Special Reports" and they first thing they say is “we are live…”.

5 Likes

Newsroom Shot

Fake control room loop

4 Likes

I much prefer the backdrops used during the 2000s (for Sydney’s news updates and during sport on the Early News). Not sure if they were loops or not though.

1 Like

I think the backdrops that Seven used for their national bulletins from around the mid-2000s to the 2011 relaunch were loops - one would’ve been recorded at night because Dancing With The Stars was on a screen in the background.

1 Like

It’s like they have tried to recreate the “pokies” (BCM on air) background with that cheap flat looking ones it’s horrible! Just reshoot the BCM one and use it before they are out of that building!

3 Likes

Bit of a stretch to spin Wimbledon into a local news story

7 Likes

Seven’s Gold Coast bulletin isn’t in great health at the moment.

5 Likes

Really? That’s surprising since 7 “Brisbane” regularly beats 9 in the half hour at 5.30 these days, which it never used to. Any figures?

Seven News Brisbanes weeknight ratings are looking good, people are getting sick of Nines tabloid crap they are serving at 6pm?

1 Like