Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

About a month.

Looks like they’ve worked out that showing Fergo the least amount they can in the promos is a better decision.

5 Likes

Last night’s bulletin for those interested

2 Likes

Blue logo on sport for Origin

3 Likes

SO…MUCH…BLUE

Glad they’ve kept that a tradition since 2013/14? Definitely after the 2014 win Seven used the blue title card during the opener.

3 Likes

I think Seven News Sydney have had the blue logo on State of Origin reports since 2011, lighting on the old set would also turn blue with (oh how I really miss this) Chris Bath very enthusiastically signing off Origin night bulletins with “Go the Blues!”.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know why they don’t turn the “blinds looking” lightbox on Jim’s right, red. It’d make a hell of a difference!

1 Like

3 Likes

Is this her first time solo? I’m guessing not but she was always paired with Max over the summer.

2 Likes

Should probably be saved for the presenter thread but IMO she should be weekend anchor along with Max. Kay should be on weeknights with Sharyn.

Yet again zero news on Seven Adelaide due to the footy. No national 5pm news or local 6pm news.

Mighty Ships runs for an hour on 7TWO at 6pm, remove that, regular 30min news, then substitute a rerun of Border Security or something from the previous night that goes for 30mins until regular schedule resumes at 7pm.

On the positive, Amelia’s been on-location for weather pretty much every day this week. Regular on-location weather has been a thing for a long while on Seven Adelaide.

4 Likes

A montage of Seven News Melbourne, from last Friday night:

3 Likes

Melbourne:

Sydney:

3 Likes

A small thing but, I like how the backdrop extends down past the presenter and out of shot on the Melbourne set rather than the darkness below on the Sydney set.

2 Likes

I am one of the fans of the Melbourne set, but the one thing I can’t stand is how separated the presenter is from the sports and weather presenter. Move them in a bit…

1 Like

I don’t mind the Seven Melbourne set but it still baffles me on how they can get the colour scheme all wrong to make it look terrible.

Agreed. Should be red/black/white.

1 Like

The best set that HSV would have had (and you might think i’m crazy) is the 2004 - 2012 set, the one that’s in this video

I did like the last set more then the american feeling current set that HSV currently has, it fits with the theme well but I somehow like the 2004-2012 set more then the current one.

1 Like

You could also argue that the best newsreader (apart from Jen) on Seven News in recent years is Rebecca Maddern. Shame she left.

4 Likes

Seven Adelaide director of news and public affairs Graham Archer is retiring on June 29, ending a long career in the media which also included stints at ABC and Nine. He will be replaced by deputy news director Chris Salter.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/confidential/veteran-local-tv-legend-graham-archer-to-retire/news-story/5e0a3beb487592c0a07df4e70ca0722d

1 Like