Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

A misplaced caption popped up during report on Barnaby Joyce et al Sunday Night interview.

6 Likes

For comparison, here is every Seven News set opener shot tonight
vlcsnap-2018-05-29-18h00m24s773

vlcsnap-2018-05-29-18h30m11s336

11 Likes

What a mishmash of different sets varying in age.

10 Likes

Gee only Adelaide and Melbourne looks half decent, everywhere else :face_vomiting:

Obviously Seven is consistently inconsistent :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

I think there’s one other thing consistent about Seven News: General content quality that leaves a fair bit to be desired in most markets!

Probably the only thing that keeps Seven News Sydney from becoming totally irrelevant to the market is their weather coverage, which Nine News Sydney probably should respond with the same aggressive “what you can do, we can do even better” tactic they use for their on-air promos!

2 Likes

Is been said 100 times before
99% of of the viewing audience couldn’t give a rats what the news set looks like
As long as they get news sport weather nothing else matters

3 Likes

Chill. Us here on MS obviously look at things differently compared to 99% of the viewing audience.

3 Likes

Adelaide set is great.

Regional QLD shows that that circa-2002 look hasn’t aged too badly apart from that misshapen, washed out rear projection.

The rest are dumpster fires of the highest order. Too much blue for Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Perth’s looks like a cartoon - and then there’s Rick Ardon.

3 Likes

I don’t get the hype of the Adelaide set… There is nothing really to it, its just light boxes, a low resolution screen and a limited camera angle.

4 Likes

Geez wheres the first cap from? They are still using a 4x3 projector in the background! :joy:

2 Likes

Regional Queensland, who’s set is so old that it was introduced (in its original form) when bulletins were still being produced in 4.3! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Melbourne the best, followed very closely by Sydney IMO. I Love that set.

4 Likes

The ‘forgotten’ Seven News :cry:

12 Likes

Channel 77 News

3 Likes

I don’t love the studio, but Rod & Amanda just seem like such a good pairing (considering the obvious big age difference) and they both look like they want to be there.

That ‘7 News First on Gold Coast’ transition is just messy and unnecessary, get rid of it.

4 Likes

Graphics blooper in Sydney.
Not much coming up and the weather is a mystery!

6 Likes

Here is my shorter, snappier version:

1 Like

Em Angwin on Melbourne’s afternoon news

5 Likes

Blake Johnson on Melbourne news

5 Likes

How long has this style of promo for Seven News Sydney been running for? Obviously the endtag has been in use for many months now, but the rest?