Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

It’s being discussed here

1 Like

Wider shot being used to open Seven GC News

9 Likes

VIC Budget graphics:

Other caps:

Brisbane used on closer graphic:

Using weather screen for story graphic like Sydney does:

12 Likes

7 News Sydney ran a VO on a McDonalds sign on fire in Adelaide. Adding this without comment.

Update
Now they’ve run a VO on a car crash in a car park in Queensland.

1 Like

Any chance of new microphone flags?

Seven Regional news has this design - looks much better.

6 Likes

Regional has the old design. Likely haven’t been replaced since early 2000s.

But yes, the network logo is much cleaner than the news logo. Especially the hideously cluttered 9News.com.au flags.

3 Likes

Regional changed there’s when the branding changed from Seven Local News.

1 Like

I’m not a great fan of the “9News.com.au” mic flags but at least with those, you can see the logo fairly clearly at small sizes. Also they probably had to invest in new mic flags when some of the older ones (which may even date back to 2008?) with just the Nine logo were starting to look a bit tatty on-air with the white logo peeling off the blue background. Probably not acceptable visually by Nine News standards when most reports they produce are in native HD and the network probably wants to ensure that their logo is clearly visible on-screen at all times.

Although a minor investment in the grand scheme of things, Seven News could probably do a lot worse than retiring those old mic flags (which may even date back to the 2004 relaunch?) and invest in some new ones with the current logo!

4 Likes

WTF? :rofl::rofl::rofl: Graphics guys are busy at localising closer graphs?

1 Like

Bill McDonald can be seen in that shot with Sharyn.

4 Likes

Yeah that lower third with the Brisbane presenters on it has been like that for over a year now I believe.

4 Likes

Tonight’s budget graphics and transitions are some of the best I’ve seen on any news service. Well done 7.

4 Likes

Something I’m sure @Mitchell_Nock will be quite happy to see, a HD montage of tonight’s Seven News Sydney:

Yep, they’re rather inconsistent when it comes to presentational elements being in native HD/upconverted SD. Most likely a live/pre-recorded thing (because I’m sure there have been nights in the past when I’ve seen the Opening Headlines on Seven News Sydney in HD), but still rather jarring to watch IMO.

6 Likes

Great to see Seven News covering the big stories. Nothing in those headlines look to be 1st block worthy, apart from the car crash/citizenship saga.

3 Likes

Always tease past the block you’re on at any chance. Keep AQH numbers up.

(Edit: should clarify that not my personal thought, just a common one)

1 Like

Budget analysis isn’t first block worthy? I hope you haven’t been watching ABC News this week…

4 Likes

I agree that Federal Budget analysis is first block worthy, but what I personally found somewhat odd about Chris Maher’s report was how the mum of one of their Federal Budget families was on there saying “at the moment we’re currently living week by week” while appearing to possibly have a Foxtel iQ in her TV cabinet. :confused:

Also, my opinion that Mark Ferguson isn’t really suited to a Sydney 6pm bulletin has only strengthened with him last night barely cracking a smile while interacting with Wilson & Brown or even at the end of the bulletin when the aforementioned two looked like they were having a good chat. I’ll bet that if I was watching Nine, I would’ve seen Pete trying to hold back laughter after fluff/puff pieces, really looking forward to seeing Cam’s sport report later in the bulletin/again tomorrow and at least managing to remain polite while crossing to Amber!

Of course I’m well aware that presenter banter is just one small piece of the puzzle, but even the little things can make a news service more or less enjoyable. If I was Jason Morrison, I’d either try and get Fergo to loosen up a bit or put Michael Usher in the chair who (from what I’ve seen) can at least do proper banter!

6 Likes

Adelaide coming up update:

Another variant:

6 Likes

Never thought I’d see the day where people need emojis to tell whether it’s hot or cold!

7 Likes

Where have you been? This has been happening for at least a good half year or so in Sydney’s weather!!

1 Like