Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Don’ know if this is just me but I swear the flow of the theme music in every state other than Sydney is horrible. If you compare the Sydney and Melbourne morning news openers side by side you’ll know what I mean.

3 Likes

Yes, for a supposed morning bulletin the dark blue on the titlecard is a bizarre choice. I know it’s just the standard card but the darker tones look more suited to a late night bulletin. Maybe if they made the sea a lighter shade of blue.

4 Likes

No new set in Queensland. Missed opportunity not to construct it during the Commonwealth Games.

7 Likes

I legitimately thought I was listening to Play School in the first 3 minutes with the way Mitch is carrying on.

7 Likes

Some more caps of the Morning News from Melbourne today:

Blank news ticker:

8 Likes

That desk shot is a really odd camera angle. Just about everything is wrong, the angles are weird, the position of the presenter in the shot is odd, the angle of the screen on the desk facing the camera, the breaking news title is huge…

Not a fan.

I get the urgency to promote breaking news, but the presenter is still a much more important part of the equation.

2 Likes

How bizzare.

1 Like

Then weather girl Jane Bunn’s weird delivery style just added to the Play School effect!

4 Likes

Interesting shot… would look awesome if they incorporated the newsroom.

5 Likes

She is a weather presenter, an adult woman not a “girl”

3 Likes

lol’s

1 Like

Then maybe she should speak like one…

She speaks to you like you are a three year old child. Which is why the user was alluding to Play School.

5 Likes

A Seven News Sydney update just aired.

Mark Ferguson - “A study has found that E10 petrol is better value than premium”…

I mean what the… isn’t that obvious?

What’s next “A study has found that water is better for you than beer”?

12 Likes

Tonight, Seven Melbourne had Mitchell read a story over footage of a 4wd on fire on the Monash freeway., clearly filmed by the driver holding a phone whilst driving along. During the next segment, they present a road safety story around how many drivers their cameras caught using their phones whilst driving. Hmm, something not right there.

12 Likes

might be better value financially in the short term. Until your engine blows up for having shit running through it.

6 Likes

From a 5 second ad of a story coming up in the 4pm news

11 Likes

Wow, that actually looks pretty good. I just had to check I wasn’t in the mocks thread.

8 Likes

Very much like 2010 ish package.

2 Likes

Looks great! Reminds me of the angled look!

4 Likes

It does look good doesn’t it? Best of all, no blue! Here’s one from earlier this month which I saved but forgot to share:

6 Likes