Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Here’s tonight’s Melbourne bulletin with the cricket rights story being first.

The headlines were a bit out of whack with some having the transition and others having none.

and here’s the backdrop change in Sydney that @eddel mentioned.

7 Likes

Blooper at the end of the weather with the microphone turning off for a few seconds, and remaining on for the same time at the closing shot.

8 Likes

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet but in Perth at least, during the Commonwealth Games the local news updates have been continuing after 9:00 and 10:00 when there would normally be a national late night news update presented by Paul Kadak etc from the Martin Place studios. I’m not sure if this is only occurring during the Commonwealth Games or if it will continue afterwards too. I know Sydney and Melbourne’s late night news updates have recently been localised so maybe Perth’s heading the same way now?

1 Like

We just got Usher in Melbourne doing the late news.

2 Likes

. . . and all of them probably recorded straight after the News/Today Tonight with presenters heading home before 7:30pm

Brisbane get local updates early then the network one later

5 Likes

I haven’t actually been watching on Melbourne’s feed lately but the last time I checked last year, I saw localised Melbourne late night news updates and I just assumed they would continue. Maybe this is just during the Commonwealth games…

If you mean the last update of the night, no, that’s from Sydney. Local updates which don’t provide any update aside from AFL tribunal results finish around 10.

2 Likes

We got Usher last night and Fergo for the other nights on the 22:30 update

1 Like

So the Sydney news presenters have been doing these national updates. Who presented the 9:30 pm update in Melbourne?

Tonight’s opener in Sydney

Bulletin for those interested:

6 Likes

Re, Holsworthy bushfire coverage: If the things become serious enough, I wonder if we might see Seven getting Mark Ferguson (and a similar deal with Nine and Peter Overton for that matter) to present the news from there tomorrow or on Monday night?

2 Likes

Morning News coming out of Melbourne today, with Jacqueline Felgate presenting

5 Likes

Interesting. More national exposure of the new Melbourne studios…

And what’s that supposed to do?

I’m surprised this hasn’t triggered speculation about changes to the Sydney set…

3 Likes

TBH, I was personally wondering whether Seven is planning to get Fergo presenting the bulletin on-location for bushfire coverage tonight.

2 Likes

Morning News

+

The title card seems to be tweaked a little bit since last time I saw it:

Bulletin:

4 Likes

It’s just so boring… and blue.

4 Likes

I like the set.

Love to see them implement a newsroom on the screen though.

7 Likes