Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I’ve never heard Sydney’s theme music at the end be stretched out for as long as Perth’s often is in the closers though so it’s hard to tell.

@WAtvVideos I don’t think so. Seven News was clearly founded and created over east where their main headquarters are so I dare say they created the theme music and WA adapted it.

1 Like

Wow. Just wow. :joy:

3 Likes

Some Queensland bulletins from this weekend. Not whole bulletins but you can see the opener etc.

4 Likes

Great capture. I’d love to see that music from that clip turned into a clip itself (for historical purposes of course).

Did anybody watch the music in the fuel watch though? How horrific is that mash up?! Haha

A short and sweet closer tonight with Rick and Sue.

8 Likes

7 Perth still allergic to saying good night!

8 Likes

I think they said something close to a goodnight last Friday I’m sure it was.

Gold Coast tonight

Cross to Brisbane

Local GC only sponsorship ad

4 Likes

Brisbane

7 Likes

Thought I’d post some caps of the Melbourne set now it’s dark outside on the live shot:

13 Likes

I think they may have to change that. Almost looks completely black on the left hand side of the screen.

2 Likes

It’s just that the buildings behind Flinders Street railway station and St Paul’s Cathedral (left hand side of the screen) are shorter. Seven only has to rotate the camera 90 degrees so it faces the western part of the CBD.

1 Like

I agree the Afternoon news shot would look great at night. Flinders street station lit up and the western end buildings of the city. At the moment it does look very dark on the main presenter shot. it is better An it was last week though so I am sure they will figure it out.

1 Like

Seven News takes gold on the world stage for excellence in journalism

Seven’s News and Public Affairs team has been recognised with two awards at this year’s esteemed New York Festivals International TV and Film Awards.

Seven News earned the Gold World Medal for Coverage of a Breaking News Story for its broadcast of the shooting massacre at the Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Hotel in October last year, the deadliest mass shooting committed by an individual in the United States.

Seven News US Correspondent Ashlee Mullany and cameraman Duncan McLeod were staying inside the hotel, five floors below the shooter, and woke to the sound of rapid gunfire. Both gathered the little equipment they could, raced outside and within minutes were live to air via a mobile phone link. They then broadcast for some 48 hours after the shooting.

Craig McPherson, Seven’s Director of News and Public Affairs, said: “Under enormous uncertainty and pressure Ashlee and Duncan produced extraordinary storytelling as this tragic event was unfolding around them. The mayhem and fear was there for all to see. On a terrible night they accurately brought home to Australia what they were witnessing. For days leading the coverage. The award is great recognition of their commitment to their craft and our audience.”

Sunday Night, Australia’s Number 1 Public Affairs program was awarded a Silver World Medal in the Special Report category for The Wall of the Wild West.

The major investigation saw Seven’s US Bureau Chief Mike Amor and cameraman Duncan McLeod travel to the US border with Mexico to investigate Donald Trump’s rallying cry to “Build the wall”.

The New York Festival’s World’s Best TV & Films awards honour programming across all lengths and forms from more than 50 countries.

5 Likes

Haven’t seen the desk used like this.

IMAG0247

16 Likes

Good use! They have the desk with the screen in it, Might as well utilise it! Hope they use it for more things into the future :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Great to see Jane in the middle. It’s awkward seeing her on the other side squished up against Tim when there’s all that space.

2 Likes

I think they’ve been using it like that for the footy tips since the start of the footy season a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Would make sense if they have, first time I’ve seen it.

1 Like

Funnily enough Sydney is almost exactly the same after 6:30pm when they switch to the Opera House side of the live shot.

1 Like