Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Or could it be that Seven have now moved the 5pm bulletin (permanently) to Melbourne?

It’s a possibility (Nine moved the production of their weekend 5pm bulletins to Melbourne a few years back), but we’d have to see what happens today and over the next few weeks before coming to a conclusion.

2 Likes

Nice to see Seven Adelaide making use of the old Melbourne desk again. Bit of a shame about that backdrop though.

Shame that there will be no 6pm news bulletin, even a 30min bulletin on one of the multichannels complimented by the Sydney or Melbourne bulletin afterwards. Could’ve cut “Mighty Ships” from 7TWO and run 30min local news then Sydney or Melbourne cut to 30min for national. Then the regular schedule resumes.

Edit: Apparently there will be news tonight at half-time, presumably around 20-30 mins. No proper information about this though, only passing references in televised updates.

1 Like

Looks like a Sydney only edition of 7 Afternoon News today? It’s all Sydney news and Sydney centric. References to ‘state’s north’ etc

1 Like

Interesting about the desk, maybe it is a permanent addition? When Jess Adamson did the Facebook Live news room and studio tour last year, I think there may have been two low-back chairs in front of the TV screen / backdrop … or something. Basically, I think things look the same (or similar) just with the desk added in front. Which does look better!

Actually it must have been a different video I was thinking of as the backdrop isn’t set up in the tour:

Not likely since the 5PM bulletin was today presented once again from Seven’s true home of national news, Sydney with Freya Cole.

I’m starting to think that Freya Cole was supposed to present the 5PM bulletin yesterday too but there was a technical issue at the last minute in the Martin Place headquarters so they had to resort to their backup headquarters in Melbourne which would always be on standby for this sort of thing. I don’t think it was planned to be presented from Melbourne at all…

They don’t keep a whole second studio and presenter standing by in case of rare technical difficulties. The backup program in case of a major meltdown would be an episode of Border Security (it has happened before).

Jacqui Felgate wouldn’t usually be there on a Saturday so if it had been a last minute change then it would have been presented either by Jen or whoever did Melbourne’s weather last night.

My guess is that if it wasn’t a one-off due to Easter then they are testing the waters with a Melbourne-produced bulletin during AFL season.

10 Likes

oh the conspiracy theories of MediaSpy, they crack me up…

3 Likes

Seven News Brisbane is being presented from Carrara, Gold Coast tonight in the lead up to the Commonwealth Games. Shane Webcke is presented sport from inside the stadium.

The set-up looks tacky.

3 Likes

Are they using the gold coast set or that one pictured earlier?

Neither. Outside in a tent. Max and Sharyn also have to hold a microphone.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Wideshot of tonight’s set-up with the regional cover-up of the time (don’t see the point in that when they still use LIVE when it isn’t):

12 Likes

Yep - that super probably should read “Seven News - Delayed Telecast” instead!

11 Likes

Bit it’s not all delayed…by the end of the hour they’ve caught up

1 Like

That setup and location is appalling! How on earth did anybody think that was a good idea?

3 Likes

I imagine it’s only for tonight and from tomorrow Sunrise and 7News will come from the beach set. Both shows logos are on the stage banner

1 Like

Info overload for this bug

5 Likes

2 Likes

Who is designing these graphics :rage:

13 Likes