Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Actually it was used recently when Michael Usher presented on-location in Adelaide for the Beaumont children investigation.

7 Likes

Couple more caps and full bulletin/opener for those interested.

Opener:

Opener:

10 Likes

Love that voiceover!

7 Likes

And a great looking opening shot too. Good to see Seven go to such an effort with this coverage.

4 Likes

See, here’s another thing (on a list of many) that really annoys me about Seven News.

Although they often do great coverage when the big stories break to the point of winning awards for it, their regular day-to-day news coverage (at least in the Sydney market) is nowhere near as good as Nine’s to the point that dubious editorial decisions are often made about the lead story for Seven News Sydney!

5 Likes

Yep, Seven shines when they get back to basics.

9 Likes

I agree. I think he needs to return doing the opener VO’s nationally. The older sounding one is good, but this one has more authority though.

3 Likes

Mr Mitchell was in court, along with Seven’s news director and managing director, to ‘‘proffer our sincere and genuine apology’’, Mr Houghton said.

Justice Lasry accepted the apology as genuine, but said it should have been ‘‘bleeding obvious’’ to an experienced journalist not to do what the newsreader did.

‘‘This is thumbing one’s nose at the court, isn’t it?’’ Justice Lasry said at one stage.

Prosecutor Andrew Tinney, SC, accepted the error wasn’t deliberate but said it was a ‘‘bit worrying that a senior person going off script can have that outcome’’.

Defence counsel John Desmond said the blunder was ‘‘highly reckless in the extreme’’.

And on Nine’s website

6 Likes

If anyone has a recording of that particular news bulletin, it might be an idea to check the subtitles that go along with it.

If it’s not live captioned (i.e. word by word) and which matches what he said, then he’s lied to the court and perhaps committed an even further offence.

I believe Seven News has the captions prepared ahead of time for stories like this, so it really wouldn’t surprise me…

4 Likes

No prizes for guessing what is being given away in this week’s viewer competition (a fortnight after Nine started a similar giveaway, no less) for Seven News Sydney…

3 Likes

2 Likes

That ender graphic with Ferguson outside :tired_face:

It’s 2018 and the promo team came up with that?

I’ve seen much better promo and news update ender graphics in 2002, 2003 and 2004.

They need Rob McKnight back…pronto!

3 Likes

Because it didn’t feature Ferguson?

I Agree, I really loved when Seven News Sydney use to use " This is Seven News at Six With (presenter) " and the add on to the title card as seen here:

3 Likes

Melbourne News started at a bit later tonight (at 6.04pm) due to the late finish of the Melbourne v Geelong game

3 Likes

Any talk or rumour of a set refresh/relaunch in Brisbane/Qld for the Commonwealth Games?

2 Likes

Check the Seven schedule for some variations to the 6pm News due to Commonwealth Games coverage. Gold Coast News will be rested for the Games - last broadcast Wednesday 4 April.

3 Likes

Unless Seven are doing something like using the Gold Coast studio to present the main 6pm edition of Seven News Queensland from during GC2018, I personally think it’s pretty bad that Seven Gold Coast News won’t be on-air for the duration of the Commonwealth Games!

7 Likes

Possibly - as Queensland are receiving an extra 30 minutes of Commonwealth Games coverage on 7Mate starting at 5.30pm on weekdays.

2 Likes

I might be wrong, but has there been a few renovations to the Melbourne Newsroom?

Noticed a few walls painted blue and additional TV screens in the background.

It could be a different angle though. Not sure.

2 Likes