Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

In Sydney, they showed the wide shot of the desk that they typically show at the start of the third section of the news at the start of the second section instead after the first ad break, where they normally show a suburb of Sydney card. This suburb of Sydney, Campbelltown in the case of tonight, was shown at the start of the third section. Essentially, these openers were reversed so this was a bit unusual, I thought.

Network Finance reporter Gemma Acton joined Mark at the desk tonight too in the sports presenter position to discuss/talk through a finance report about an American cosmetic company.

2 Likes

Seven inserted this subtitle over a story on tonight’s Brisbane bulletin.

Seem to come from a gang member being arrested , though perhaps it was an other cameraman :thinking:

18 Likes

you’d be surprised at how little actual competition there is out on the road between crews… they’re all doing the same job after all.

9 Likes

Heard Bob Hawke’s daughter drop the F-bomb on the Morning Show today. After earlier saying “shit.”

3 Likes

Another new end tag on updates in Melbourne today. Mitch and Jen together.

5 Likes

So I thought that the set would slowly grow on me but it hasn’t. Luckily I still watch 9 news Lol.

I don’t mind the desk but the set itself is just odd, especially the white outline which goes past the screen (as per above cap). Still the best 7 news set in the country though.

Never seen before on the new set, I don’t think?

9 Likes

Nope that seems to be the first time it’s been used. I noticed on Thursday the globe on the desk was spinning again! But last night it wasn’t, maybe it’s down to which director is in there? But if an inconsistent look IMO.

2 Likes

Any reason why Seven News Brisbane is only 30min tonight?

the olympic games coverage for brisiabne

There was some error during Peter Mitchell’s live cross to Pyeongchang in this evening’s bulletin, in which Peter and Chris Reason talked over each other twice for 2-3 seconds, before Chris was able to continue.

1 Like

The screen behind Mark was black as it was going to the ad break just now. I don’t think that was supposed to be the case…

Now something went wrong with the stories Mel was reading for sport; the visuals weren’t appearing. It was a bit awkward to watch…

And there was an error with the playout of the news headlines before the weather at the end of the news, playing a promo in the middle of them. A whole night of errors in Sydney tonight!!

1 Like

Winter olympic transition:

7 Likes

The globe on the desk was moving tonight on Seven News Melbourne for those concerned.

5 Likes

Seems they have fixed whatever issue with it that they had :slight_smile:

1 Like

#globewatch

2 Likes

What a coincidence. 7 News now has a 7 News Exclusive watermark in place of 7 News First. I feel like I’ve seen the same change on 9 recently too.

3 Likes

They are obviously copying 9… Again

If only network news could come up with their own ideas instead of copying each other it would be much more compelling viewing.

7 Likes

Didn’t Seven originally use the ‘Exclusive’ tag in the 2004-2006 package then later change to ‘First’ to be like Nine?

2 Likes