Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I was half expecting them to go to a commercial break halfway through it.

4 Likes

If they can fit the long VO for the RQLD bulletins and include two presenters names, there’s no real reason why they couldn’t have done the same on the Gold Coast.

3 Likes

I think it’s majorly due to RQLD using a different opening theme and different V/O artist compared to the GC which has the faster theme hence the voiceover being faster and almost sounds like he is yelling.

3 Likes

Seven News audio bulletins to be broadcast on all three leading smart speakers

Seven News – Australia’s most-watched news service – today announced daily audio bulletins across the suite of new home smart speaker products launching in Australia.

The twice-daily bulletins featuring the latest news headlines, weather, business and sport updates are now streaming to Amazon’s new Alexa devices.

The bulletins will also stream to Google Home users in coming weeks, as well as to your phone, Android Auto, Bose headphone or Android watch via Google Assistant.

And Seven News audio bulletins will be available on Apple HomePod when it launches in Australia on Friday February 9.

Users of all devices will be able to voice search Seven News as their daily audio news service.

Seven Network Director of News and Public Affairs, Craig McPherson, said: “As Australia’s leading, most trusted and innovative news service, we are excited to be part of this emerging content channel. It forms part of our plan to continue to evolve our news offering and distribute content to audiences across all platforms.”

Seven West Media Chief Digital Officer, Clive Dickens, added: “We continue to work very closely with Google, Amazon and Apple as this voice search category grows. Audio On Demand is a rapidly growing space, especially in Home, and Seven West Media intend to take a leading role with audio content from Pacific and West Australian Newspapers to come.”

7 Likes

Seven Morning news is now on a break during the Winter Olympics coverage.

2 Likes

There appears to be a new promo in Sydney for the network finance reporter Gemma Acton.

2 Likes

Sydney & Melbourne’s afternoon news is now on a break over the Winter Olympics. Adelaide, Brisbane & Perth will follow after tomorrow. There is a bulletin scheduled at 4:30 tomorrow in Sydney & Melbourne though.

Edit: Sydney & Melbourne’s afternoon news today was exactly the same as any other Friday in terms of their presentation but due to Winter Olympics coverage, it was shortened to half an hour, starting at 4:30 rather than 4:00 as they normally do. All markets’ afternoon news’ are on a break during the Winter Olympics now.

1 Like

Been running in Melbourne as well.

1 Like

That’s interesting. I think on the one I saw it had that shot of the Sydney news team standing beside the harbour as the endtag so I assumed it was just showing in Sydney.

Also, at the start of the Sydney 4pm Bulletin, Sally Bowrey said “Good Afternoon, its 4 o’clock”, like would normally be said.

However this time it was not 4 o’clock …

7 Likes

3 Likes

A Seven News Melbourne Sports update just aired on 7Mate in Perth. Is this just a one off or does it occur on the multichannels?

2 Likes

Eastern states-based sports reports are common on the multi’s over here, but not sure if they’re from Melbourne or not. Would seem fitting as they are the “home of sports” after all. :smirk:

2 Likes

I swear I’ve seen a Sydney sports update on 7mate in WA before with Mel McLaughlin or Jim Wilson when I’ve been watching it in the evenings before.

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned on here the screen behind Mitch went blank tonight on 7 News Melbourne. Seem to be having a few problems.

1 Like

Funnt that, switched it on and this is what I saw!

18 Likes

The gremlins continue. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This was last night (Sunday). Mitch threw to Jane - but the lotto numbers showed up on screen for 17 seconds (Jane audible just barely off mic) before Mitch takes over to read the numbers and then throws to Jane for the second time.

EDIT - Forgot to mention: Saturday and Sunday bulletins are still using the old “coming up” graphic for weather.

7 Likes

There’s a new short promo going around in Sydney for Mark Ferguson using the words ‘Reliable, Relentless, Trusted’ to describe him and Sydney’s news on Seven…

4 Likes

That’s a no from me, as well as 300,000 Sydneysiders.

2 Likes

In what context is relentless used? He just keeps coming back night after night? We never asked for this.

19 Likes