Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

This just shows how much better the Seven News/Today Tonight setup is in Adelaide than Perth. I love seeing Jane and Rosanna together like this for the TT passover. It is almost unheard of seeing Rick and Sue interacting with Monica…

Rod Young mentioned at the end of the Gold Coast news tonight that they will be back on Monday with a new look.

15 Likes

I somehow had a feeling that they could possibly change the whole graphics package after they updated the opening headline graphics.
They did the same thing in 2016 prior to the olympics when they just updated the headline graphics
(e.g. https://youtu.be/X1Z4s894ttE )

5 Likes

If there’s a refresh on Monday, hopefully the other elements will look better than the new Headline Graphics (which IMO, are not broadcast quality) we got on Sunday!

4 Likes

Maybe total change week happen Feb 11 when 2018 ratings begin

3 Likes

Your link reminded me just how awful the old package was. The current look is actually pretty nice but could do with some freshening up around the place.

I actually quite like the new style headline graphics but I wouldn’t expect that same look to be rolled out package-wide. They’ve generally maintained a slightly unique look for those graphics.

4 Likes

is impossible for Rick and Sue to chat with Monica due to the set change and they all share the same desk

1 Like

Its not impossible, but if I was running the place I would have Monica sitting in the sports chair, then have Rick and Sue sign off/ chat with Monica and after Monica reads the first story she can go to the main presenter chair.

Then to deal with the news graphics issue from the cross over from the News to TT they can get rid of the scrolling seven news text all together (on the background) or just leave it since its one story.

5 Likes

Point Taken - yes indeed they could do that
Pity Howard Gretten doesn’t read our forum

3 Likes

One would think (at least hope) that this means a new set for Brisbane too.

5 Likes

Am I the only one who’s a fan of the Brisbane set?

I don’t mind it either, I just think some of the back panels need to be replaced and screens updated.

4 Likes

Yes. They need to update the projection screen that looks washed out. Also the light boxes need to go.

1 Like

Is Brisbane still using a projector screen, I thought RQLD was the last one.

You can see the special graphics they are using bleed over onto the pole beside the screen, so pretty sure it’s a projector.

Don’t start me on the Local News set - that’s a disgrace - the bulb in the projector there must be about dead, you can barely make out whats what on the backdrop. Although the SD picture probably doesn’t help.

6 Likes

I was thinking the exact same thing a few days ago, in the lead up to the Rio Games, 3 changes happened, first was a new rendition of “The Mission” on February 2nd, the Opener Headlines and OST Graphics changes too except the Supers, then on August 8th the full refresh took place. Seems to be a similar case here… :thinking:

3 Likes

No intrusive banner in the national 5PM news today…

1 Like

I suspect this camera pan and the use of the old headline / coming up graphic wasn’t supposed to happen tonight in Melbourne.

9 Likes

I notice the globe on the front of news desk has stopped spinning during tonight’s Melbourne bulletin.

1 Like

Still trying to get comfortable with the new set operations.