Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

There was a bit of a fail with the playout of the national morning news opening this morning. The title card and opening wide shot failed to show.

Also there will be no afternoon news in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide today because of Davis Cup coverage.

1 Like

Caps from Adelaide

I missed capping the opener but there were no headlines, only the Adelaide card with “Special Edition” below the 7 News logo.

6 Likes

Was Seven live into Adelaide this morning, or did the local morning news replace the national edition at 11:30am?

I believe that the local edition replaced the national edition only in Adelaide.

6 Likes

Adelaide
Mark Mooney spoke to Michael Usher during live cross.

Michael reported on the Morning News.

5 Likes

Some caps of the Beaumont Children special that was on Wednesday night:

5 Likes

National news

4 Likes

What’s so unusual about this, other than the Beaumont children story? Sally and Angie always present on Fridays, the sports presenter can vary sometimes though.

Michael Usher presenting Sydney’s bulletin from Adelaide tonight. Going by the 3pm update…

1 Like

Well there’s a first, if that’s true!! I’ll be watching keenly now!!

But honestly I don’t think updates on a mystery disappearance that isn’t even relevant to Sydney warrants an on-location presented bulletin though. I would much rather the news still be presented in the studio unless there is a big story actually relevant to Sydney itself that is occurring.

I was just going to say the other day I haven’t seen Sydney news presented on location for a long time possibly since Ian ross left.

From memory, the most recent Seven News Sydney bulletin presented on-location was in May 2016 with Fergo & McLaughlin presenting from the “Go West” Awards at Bankstown Sports in the South West.

1 Like

There have been multiple times since then including presentations in Canberra (change of PM, budget), for bushfires from the RFS headquarters and in bushfire zones, QLD floods and the Sydney Siege… just to name a few.

2 Likes

New Jennifer Keyte end tag.

12 Likes

Here’s the update:

Caps of Sydney bulletin:

10 Likes

South Australian Police have abandoned the dig. They found animal bones but nothing else.

1 Like

the V/O also said ‘with Jessica Adamson & Mark Mooney’. They did it as a normal bulletin, some other news and Theo read sport.

Tonight Jane presented from the scene with John in the studio.

2 Likes

Sydney has a PyeongChang countdown at the beginning of the sport segment:

6 Likes

00:00 Seven Morning News - Adelaide Special Edition with Jessica Adamson in the studio and Mark Mooney on location.
11:09 Seven News - 6pm bulletin with John Riddell in the studio and Jane Doyle on location.
19:29 Today Tonight Adelaide with Rosanna Mangiarelli on location

6 Likes