Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Hoping that desk screen in Melbourne isn’t a static image again tonight and utilised with the date on it as well. Otherwise it’s a waste!

2 Likes

Bit of a fail with the headlines on the afternoon news

7 Likes

Michael Usher & Caroline Craig V/O again, tonight’s Beaumont Children special.

Definitely was a re-edited Murder Uncovered ‘in the can’ production.

Talking about this, depsite some here not liking Jacquie Felgate (for various reasons) and occasional technical glitches, the bulletin seems to win the ratings every day, over Nine’s (albeit fairly new) rival local bulletin. I think Bold & Beautiful regularly beats them both.

Cynic posted an article this morning.

4 Likes

Shame they didn’t retain the Murder Uncovered brand for this production. Felt odd to have Caroline Craig narrating a program branded under 7 News, particularly given her work on Underbelly.

4 Likes

continuing in appropriate thread

Seven News definitely still airs ‘current affairs’ stories (around 6:30pm).

However, nearly all Today Tonight journos on the east coast either left of went into Seven News (bar Helen Wellings.

1 Like

Emily Angwin presenting this afternoon.

Still a static image in the desk, the globe still isn’t spinning! Only thing that’s letting the new set down both 4pm and 6pm. If you have a screen on the desk let the animation loop run on it! It looks great when it does :frowning:

7 Likes

There’s a new promo going around for Seven News in Sydney where there is a new style graphics card showing for “Knowing Matters” and other such phrases. I don’t have the video or any caps but I just noticed it now. I don’t know if other Sydneysiders have noticed it. Also, they’ve got a new graphic they use for sport in the afternoon news that no longer includes the 7 News logo:

It used to be:

3 Likes
7 Likes

Hahaha, epic fail!! Did he cross to Paul Kadak later on for some reason?

Yes, he crossed to him after the next story.

1 Like

Okay so it wasn’t as completely random as I thought it was :joy::joy:

1 Like

It almost feels there’s been a technical error each day since the new set launched on air. Until tonight, the majority of the issues seem to have been limited to the 4pm bulletin.

Today I noticed an OTS appeared for a couple of seconds and then disappeared for the rest of the time Emily was on screen.

Also, the last two nights I’ve noticed the weather wall has been integrated into the intro, displaying video or pictures related to the story while Peter Mitchell is reading. There was only one instance tonight and last night (but I can’t remember what the story was last night). I think I’ve seen examples of Sydney doing something similar.

9 Likes

Surprised no one noticed the sneaky mouse pointer on the desk tonight :eyes:

Edit: Link to clip on Facebook

18 Likes

Sydney’s “live” shot was at least a year out of date at the beginning of the bulletin tonight -

Was fixed after a few stories (note the large building on the left edge of the shot which has suddenly disappeared!) -

15 Likes

Haven’t seen that promo yet, but I’ll be on the lookout for it.

What I have noticed though is that Seven News Sydney will be running it’s first viewer competition of 2018 next week:

Video of said promo.

Also while I’m at it, two more clips:

The “Mark Ferguson Returns” promo from last month.
And a considerably older but still relatively recent one, last May’s “The Big Picture” Promo!

2 Likes

Ah ha! I thought I was going crazy - couldn’t find a clip or mention of this promo anywhere online. Not the greatest or most revolutionary promo but I liked the way it opened up on the team shot at the end and worked in the London Grammar song.
It didn’t last very long though, only a few weeks on air, if that!

Thanks for uploading, @SydneyCityTV :grin:

1 Like

7 Morning News will be localised in Adelaide today, either presented or with a live cross from outside of the Beaumont area of interest, 11:30 am. Today Tonight will be presented on location.

6 Likes

Michael Usher in North Plympton,Adelaide for Seven News today.
Michael appeared on Sunrise and The Morning Show today.

3 Likes

If someone could please be on the look out to cap and record the special 11.30 morning news coming from Adelaide today that would be great.

1 Like

And for their Today Tonight presented on location tonight.