Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

that’s just his name, you know, like Cher

15 Likes

Oops :confused:

Seven News Melbourne had the santa hat graphic on the Tuesday, during long range forecast. :santa:

(Chrissy is tomorrow you drongos)

6 Likes

Nice opening shot:

11 Likes

Melbourne closer with the tree this evening.

4 Likes

Always have loved how at the end of all the news bulletins on Christmas Eve they include Santa leaving the North Pole for his long journey to deliver presents to all the good little boys and girls for Christmas. Just so nice that they always keep the Christmas spirit alive.

6 Likes

Brisbane is currently airing “ We love QLD “ ident featuring News Personalities.

2 Likes

Queensland receiving Sydney’s local Afternoon News this Boxing Day.

5 Likes

Can I ask, would it be expensive for Seven (or Nine) to start producing local Morning News bulletins in each city at 11.30am? Nine Brisbane already produce a local bulletin.

To me it seems to be the next step in the local puzzle.

Nine News Brisbane rested their Morning News for months this year during the set construction and transition. When it returned in October, it only went to air for three or four days and hasn’t been seen since. Producing a local Morning News is rather costly, especially when it doesn’t rate any better than the national.

Why it is so easy to do a local Afternoon News is the ability to access the resources of the 6pm News, as teams of reporters/producers are in by three or so.

A local Morning News would require its own funding, which makes the decision unwise.

2 Likes

Plus the bulletin is only 30 minutes long, not even really. There would be no point and better left as a national bulletin from Martin Place. There are only two national bulletins that air each weekday now; the Early News and the Morning News. I think things should be left this way.

I’m pretty sure that the Queensland edition of Nine’s Morning News only aired for one day in October before the national version returned for coverage of the Las Vegas shooting. Probably quietly axed sometime after that due to cost cutting or whatever.

Personally I would prefer local versions of the breakfast shows over local versions of the 11.30am News, but of course neither is likely to happen anytime soon.

That and the 4pm bulletins are basically a promotional vehicle for the main 6pm news.

4 Likes

Yes - I think there was only one local bulletin. I wonder what happened top the Springfield studio that was supposed to be part of a USQ media course and hosted the morning news once per week to give students real world experience.

3 Likes

I do like the idea of Local Morning News servises in each city. The same presenters used for the Afternoon Editions could be adopted to the Morning News bulletins. 1 Reporter/2 Producers and a number of production crew would need to be hired in each city.

Local updates could even be produced from 9.00am onwards and incorporated to online and social media sites, (Facebook etc)

Local news seems to be the key to the future for live television.

why not air it late primetime where there are viewers, rather than for 20k in each market at 11am?

2 Likes

Special Seven News Update with Mark Beretta just aired around 8:30pm during an ad break, showing tight finish to Sydney-Hobart yacht race.

Update

There was another prolonged update after 9:30pm, live, breaking into programming and pissing off a ton of folk on social media.

Ever heard of 7Two? 7mate? Crawlers?

4 Likes

The two updates:

6 Likes

The 5pm news started and finished 5mins early in Perth.

It’s been like that for a while actually, I don’t understand why though

3 Likes

First time I’ve seen this variation of the live bug (probably not new) -

Any reason why they need the AEDT tag when it’s a purely local bulletin? Or does the Sydney bulletin air somewhere outside NSW at this time of year?

6 Likes

Seven News Sydney airs on Prime7 Gold Coast all year round, although I wouldn’t have thought that they’d tweak the “Live” time super just for them.

5 Likes